three * ˚ ✦

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"Remember when the youngest Prince of Prussia took a liking toward Irene?"

Irene Grosvenor remembered her school days very vividly. It all started when she and Isabelle were four years of age, Irene being the older one and Isabelle the younger. Their age gap is only 10 months meant that they'll always be in the same year at school.

Their papa had the best violinist flown from Poland to teach Irene and Isabelle, all the while they were taught the basics of mathematics by their governess and sometimes, their late Mama.

At five, the year Imogen was born, their Mama became busy with the youngest. Leaving Irene and Isabelle in the hands of a governess, this was also the year they were to learn the arts of ballet. By the request of their Mama.

The manor's unused room was immediately turned into a ballet studio with high mirrors on one side of the wall and tall windows overlooking the gardens on another. Back then, there weren't any ballet school available in London, so again, their Mama had a ballet teacher shipped from Italy.

From the age of five, both Irene and Isabelle only had a violin, mathematics, and ballet in their routine. Sometimes they would hold a little performance for their papa, Mama, Robert, baby Imogen, the housemaids, footmen, valets, and butlers in the ballet studio. It was mostly still sloppy, with improvements here and there.

Irene and Isabelle's bodies have morphed into bodies equivalent to professional ballet dancers due to their ballet training since very young. Proud and tall necks, slim waist with curved torsos, and long legs.

It was then she met her best friends for the first time. Irene remembered that night was the night of one of her papa's lavish dinner parties; his usual Lord friends came to the house. Only tonight, they came with their wives and children. Irene remembered how she and Isabelle stood gaping at the fancy women of the lords. They were dressed as fancy as their late Mama was.

The three diverse women shared an embrace with her Mama. Then, she saw them. Anamarie, Daphne, and Tabitha. Each of them hiding behind either of their parents' legs, peeking their heads shyly. It was papa who first introduced them.

"Robert, Irene, Izzy, come here!" their papa beckoned. They were at the drawing-room at this point. Lounging while waiting for the dinner table to be prepped. Papa pointed at Daphne, Anamarie, and Tabitha, respectively, "These are your new friends. Lady Daphne Yang-Astor, Lady Anamarie Swift, and Lady Tabitha Cavendish. Go on! Get acquainted!"

Irene recalled how shy all of them were at first. They introduced each other and played quietly in the corner while Robert and her new friends' brothers played chase around the room. Six-year-old Irene and Izzy, and the youngest Imogen, studied their newly made friends that night.