five * ˚ ✦

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"It's Your Grace to you."

Thomas Shelby was amazed at how fast his brother was recovering

Thomas Shelby was amazed at how fast his brother was recovering. Considering the said chances of him not surviving by the doctor, he was marvelled John Shelby did not just recover in the one week after he was shot; he now can even lift his arm to fire a bullet. Though with a still slightly visible wince every now and again.

John had asked about his wife and children's whereabouts, and upon telling him that they have gone to ride with the Lees, Thomas had to give him a bit of whiskey. To calm the nerves. It didn't work, though. John threw his glass of whiskey across the room and almost hit the nurse if it weren't for Arthur, holding him back. He kept going on and on about how he would find his wife and give her hell, but Tommy forbade him.

Until this war is made, nobody leaves. John at first didn't listen, of course; that's how Tommy knew his John was back. That stupid, irrational rashness inside of his younger brother is what makes him, well, John Shelby.

Tommy has also notified John and Michael - who is also recovering as fast as John - that they're expecting company. New company. He had told them that the company was an aristocratic family, and at first, their eyes went as wide as polo balls.

It was quite a picture; they contorted into deep confusion and shock with their bandages on their faces. John was instructed to lay low for a while, as nobody other than the family and some close people know he's alive. Not even his estranged wife, who left him just because she couldn't bear it.

When he and Michael were discharged from the hospital, he was even hidden underneath a blanket, leaving the second youngest Shelby brother grumbling all the way home to Small Heath.

Today they're holding a quiet celebration at the back of Charlie's yard to celebrate John and Michael's sacrifice and how fast they're recovering. It was a very quiet little get together meant for only the closest circles in the gang. The party was also a small thing for Tommy to mend his relationship with his aunt, Polly.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Small Heath was very empty these days. As the quaint little town's ins and outs were heavily guarded by the city's ruler, the Peaky Blinders. They even went as far as protecting the docks, trains stations, and bus stops in the city. Blocking and escorting anyone who might have a business here. So far, there are no slip-ups. But Tommy doesn't believe so far.

He wants forever.

The CEO of Shelby Company Ltd wants these bastards to stay outside of Small Heath and let Tommy come to them and slit their throats. So they can all be done with it, but he knows it's not that simple. He needs a brilliant idea, and for the first time in his life, he doesn't have it.