eight* ˚ ✦

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"I can't believe you're making me work."

Staring intently toward the long road seemed to not help with Irene's agitated mind

Staring intently toward the long road seemed to not help with Irene's agitated mind. Today was the day papa and Robert were supposed to join them here at Eaton Hall mansion.

Now Irene knew that her Papa didn't promise her to be early or anything, but Irene couldn't help but feel worried. Irene and everyone close to her is well aware of this, though. Irene was a worrier, always have been, and always will be. "Irene, please peel your face away from the windows."

Irene turned her head at Anamarie's remark, her face in a scowl. Irene came to sit near Ana with a huff, her brown wood pupils dancing through the lot while her fingers were busy fidgeting with the pearl necklace hanging beautifully about her neck. "Wait, I didn't know we had a pre-dinner wine fest."

Izzy sighed as she set her glass down on the table next to her, turning to pour Irene her own. Which the girl took gladly. Going back to her book, the younger sister, only ten months younger, remarked, "You would know if you had stopped fidgeting about an hour ago."

"I'm not even going to comment on that, I have my wine, and I am happy." Irene smiled widely, feeling the booze starting to warm up her body. Tabitha, who was sitting on the sofa across from Irene and Ana, suddenly perked up from her Mansfield Park copy.

Which she seemed to have poured all her focus on -, "Hey, do you guys remember that time when I had this ... crazy, rather confusing, but undeniable infatuation toward Edward Bowles, the son of that awful-smelling Lord?"

Irene looked up at the ceilings – a habit she used quite a lot these days - and chuckled, "Honestly, how can we not?"

"You practically chased him around like a puppy."

"It was painful, really. You had to be physically peeled away from the poor sod."

Tabitha swirled her wine with a look of both uncertainty and unease on her pretty face as she joined in, chuckling softly. Irene knew that look; heck, she had been in it sometimes. It was the look someone made when they knew they have made a terrible decision, but there was no turning back at that point.

Whatever that thing that made Tabitha scrunch up her eyebrows so tightly together, Irene was sure it was something of importance.

"Well, it appears I have been feeling that way again. Towards a certain Shelby brother."

whether it be brown, green, or in between, all pupils have nearly popped out of their sockets in this terribly rash news, in Irene's view anyway. "I'm sorry, Shelby brother, you said?"

Tabitha took a sip before shifting her eyes towards the shocked crowd, a look of innocence on her face. "Yes, a Shelby. Now, judging by you lot's looks on your faces, I'm just going to let that sink in a little bit."