9. Tu thookne layak hi hai

It was monday, a week later. Shehnaaz entered the class and rushed to her seat. She settled and turned back to see the boys.

"Good morning Sana." Tanishq said with a smile and hugged Harpreet.

"Good morning mere PDA couple." She giggled making them blush, then she turned towards Sidharth. He was resting his hand on the windowsill and looking out at nothing in particular. He was deep in his thoughts. "Good morning Sidharth." She chirped but he did not reply. 

"Isko kya hua?" She whispered to Tanishq. 

"Subah subah uncle se jhagda ho gaya iska. Itna samjhaya maine par maan hi nahi raha." He shrugged.

"Mein try karu?" She asked.

"Kar le, mein teri jagah pe baith jaata hu." Tanishq sat on Shehnaaz's place while she settled near Sidharth. She held his shoulder and shook him.

"Kon hai be?" He asked getting startled. But sighed loudly when he saw Shehnaaz.

"Maine kaha good morning." She said.

"Sorry maine suna nahi, kuch soch raha tha. Good morning by the way." He smiled slightly and turned towards the window again.

"Sidharth, phir se window ki taraf dekha na toh muh tod dungi tera. Mujhe bata baat kya hai?" She asked.

"Kuch nahi bas.."

"Kuch nahi bas aise hi mood kharab tha' maine poori kar di formality, ab sach sach bata." She said. Sidharth chuckled at her.

"Dad se jhagda ho gaya." His face turned sad again. It was evident from his face that he didn't like talking about it. But it was nessecary for him to open up and get it out of his heart.

"Kis baat pe?" She asked calmly. He looked at her and his eyes said what he couldn't. "You can trust me Sidharth, bata kya baat hai." It was enough for him to gain confidence.

"Subah mera mann kara dad se baith ke thodi der aise hi baat karu. You know like, the dad-son talks. Mein chahta tha ki mein unki health ke baare me puchu, wo meri padhai ke baare me puche. Par subah se sirf ek hi shabd chal raha tha ghar me, 'meeting meeting meeting' Maine bola baat karna hai toh bolte baad me karenge. Gussa aa gaya mujhe. Chilla diya maine ki aap meri baat nahi sunte, bas ek baar baith ke mujhse meri life ke baare me puchoge toh kuch nahi ho jayega. But wo nahi maane Shehnaaz. Ulta mujhe bol rahe the ki mein itna bada ho gaya hu ki khud apni problems solve kar saku. Bina breakfast kare ghar se nikal gaya mein."

"Sometimes I don't even realize my mistake. Iss conversation me mein kaha galat tha? Mujhe pata hai ki wo sab meri liye hi kar rahe hai. Par kya faayda aise paison ka jo aapko apne bete se hi door kar de." He said exasperated and held his head in his hands. Shehnaaz listened patiently. This was the first time she had seem him so helpless. She didn't know these problems. She was happy. Even she had fights with her parents, but they weren't as intense as him. She was content in life. But Sidharth wasn't. And she understood him.

"Sidharth dekh, mujhe zyada nahi pata tere papa ke baare me. Par tujhe ek baat samajhni hogi. Tu bachpan se aise reh raha hai na?" He nodded. "Toh agar ab tak unhe ye samajh me nahi aaya toh poore chances hai aage bhi nahi aayega. Tu iss tarah baith ke apna dimag nahi kharab kar sakta. Parents ka saath bahut important hota hai life me. Kam se kam iss baat se khush reh ki wo tere saath hai." 

She smiled at him. He was surprised to see her serious. She was always cracking jokes and he was used to her being her bubbly self. But this was new. He understood what she said. He felt glad to have her in his life. "Can I hug you?" He asked hesitantly.

"Kya be kutte, ye bhi koi puchne ki baat hai. Aaja." She pulled him into her arms. He rested his head on shoulder and stayed for a moment. They sat together for the whole day.