10. Who is better for Yumeko?

Sidharth turned back and saw Shehnaaz, who was looking at him with care in her eyes. She sensed that something had happened recently. She walked up to him and held his hand in hers.

"Kya kar raha hai Sidharth? Lag jayegi tujhe." She rubbed his hand with hers. Sidharth just looked at her for some time. But Ronnie's words again echoed in his mind making him jerk her hand and punch the wall again. Shehnaaz flinched at his sudden move.

"Sidharth, stop it right now. You are hurting yourself." She scolded. But still Sidharth couldn't get Ronnie out of his head. So, he did it once more. Now, Shehnaaz became more angry seeing him hurting himself. Any person could guess that it was care for Sidharth, which she was masking by anger.

"Sidharth, I am telling this to you for the last time. Agar tune band nahi kiya toh mein tera muh tod dungi." She shouted. Sidharth gave up in front of her and got away from the wall.

She went near him and looked at his hand. Kya banda hai yeh, poora hath laal karke rakha hai, she thought. She looked in his eyes which were blood shot red. He was trying not to make an eye contact with her.

"Kya hua Sidharth? Kisi ne kuch bola kya?" She asked calmly this time.

"Haan. Ronnie mila tha neeche." He answered and Shehnaaz now knew that definitely, Ronnie must have said something offensive, that's why he is reacting this way. She looked at him as if she was asking him to speak further.

"He asked me to join their group and trouble other students. Woh sab toh theek hai, par usne ye bola ki mere dost faltu hai. Aise hi koi bhi aakar mere doston ko faltu kaise bol sakta hai. Agar kahin aur ye harkat kari hoti na usne toh uski haddiyan tod deta mein." He seethed.

Shehnaaz felt proud to have a friend like him. He was not ready to listen a word against his friends. In just one week, he started trusting them to no extent. He was the best example of a true friend.  

(Shehnaaz's POV)

I felt proud of myself to choose him as a friend. Aaj usne wakai ye saabit kar diya ki wo saccha dost kehlaane ke layak hai. Par abhi uski tareef karne se zyada use shant karna zaruri tha. Phat raha hai bhai yeh.

"Sidharth, uske bolne se kuch farak nahi padta. Tumhe pata hai tumhare dost kaise hai. Maine kahi suna tha 'Zaruri nahi ki 1 lakh log aapko pasand kare, koi 1 bhi kar lena toh bahut hai'. Itni tension...." Before I could speak further, my head started spinning. I felt dizzy. I couldn't get words out of my mouth. 

"Sidh...ar..th" This was all I managed to say. Before I could tell something to Sidharth, everything got dark in front of my eyes.

(End of POV)

What?! Shehnaaz fainted? What is Sidharth thinking?

(Sidharth's POV)

Shehnaaz was explaining me why I should not get annoyed by what others say. I never knew she was this good at giving advices until today. I actually tried to understand what she was telling. She was right, why should I care about what others think. I know the reality and that's what matters. Baat toh sahi hai uski. Thodi bacchon jaisi hai, par serious baaton me bahut gyaani hai yeh ladki.

Suddenly, she stopped speaking and held her head. Is something wrong? Why did she stop abruptly? "Sidh...ar..th" she said. 

"What happened Shehnaaz?" I held her by her shoulders. She was trying hard to open her eyes, but it didn't work. Just as her eyes closed, I felt a pain in my heart. I tapped her cheeks vigorously to wake her up. I guess she must have fainted but I was unaware of the reason. I made her sit on the floor and tried to get any reaction from her. But, she didn't react in any way.

I started panicking badly. Maybe she needs some fresh air. I got up and tried to open the door. But it didn't open. Ahh you stupid man! I slammed it way too hard that it must have got locked from outside. Now, I got angry on myself. Kya zarurat thi itni zor se band karne ki, I scolded myself mentally. I went near Shehnaaz but she was still lying in the same way. "Shehnaaz? Open your eyes. Baby please." I started blaming myself for her condition. I need to get her out of here. I took out my phone to call Harpreet. But my luck was not with me as there was no signal. Sab kuch aaj hi hona tha kya. I was getting more and more worried for Shehnaaz with each passing second. Every moment felt like centuries to me.

I tried opening the door by kicking it. That didn't work either. I screamed as loud as I can, "Harpreet?" I waited for a response, but I was disappointed. I started banging the door. I was getting so out of control seeing Shehnaaz's condition. I tried a lot to get out but nothing worked. I looked for an alternative to get out, but there wasn't any source. Room me ek window bhi nahi lagwayi in logon ne, bahar nikalte hi bolta hun window lagwane ka. Par pehle bahar toh nikle. I went and sat on my knees in front of Shehnaaz, "Sorry Shehnaaz, it's because of me you are in this condition. I am not even able to help you." I was on the verge of crying but I controlled myself.

My mind was a mess. I felt like I would break down any moment now. It felt like someone pulled my small intestine out of my throat. It was the first time in my life I was so helpless. The thoughts in the back of my head were so traumatizing, I wanted to remove my brain for a while.

I couldn't do anything. After few minutes, I heard the door unlocking. It was Harpreet. She came in and looked at unconcious Shehnaaz. "What happened to her?" She asked me, while tapping her cheeks. 

"I don't know. We got locked in the room because of me and then she fainted. I tried waking her up but she didn't respond. Just tell me what happened to her?"

 She looked around the room and her expressions changed. "I will answer all your questions but now we need to take her to the medical room." I scooped Shehnaaz in my arms and walked down the stairs to the medical room. 

The doctor did her check up and said, "She had a panic attack. There is nothing to worry now. She will be regain consciousness in few minutes." and she left.

Panic attack? But why? I wanted to know the reason. I asked Harpreet about it.

"Harpreet, ab bata de ki Shehnaaz ko panic attack kyu aaya? Jab woh mujhe mili thi tab toh sab theek tha, ekdam se kaise hua yeh sab?"

"Actually, Shehnaaz is claustrophobic. Genetic reason hai. Zyada der tak woh band kamre me nahi reh sakti. Isliye woh har jagah stairs prefer karti hai." SHe explained.

"Oh. Par woh jaldi theek toh ho jayegi na?" I asked. She nodded her head in response. She went and sat near her bed while I paced back and forth the room. 

I didn't know the reason but I was getting so restless. I just wanted to listen to her blabbers. I couldn't see Shehnaaz silent. I want to listen to her reason of who is better for Yumeko, Kenichi or Amara. I kept looking at her, standing at the corner of the room.

(End of POV)

Seeing Sidharth's restlessness, Harpreet was very impressed. She never thought that a guy like Sidharth could care for someone this way. She recalled the definition of 'THE PERFECT GUY' in Shehnaaz's view. Sidharth had all of these qualities. She realized that Sidharth was made for Shehnaaz. She gasped silently, not wanting to freak Sidharth out. Moreover, she wanted Shehnaaz to realize this herself. But being a best friend, its her duty to get the best one for her. She made up her mind to help Shehnaaz without letting her know.

*****************************

Now, Harpreet has realized that Sidharth and Shehnaaz are not meant to be 'just friends'. But when will Shehnaaz and Sidharth realize this? Will it be easy for them?

Tried my best to write this chapter and it is the most difficult thing I have ever written. I am not good at writing emotional sequences. So, sorry if its not up to your expectations.

Till then, adios amigo!