22. We were one iconic couple.

Reunion day

(Sidharth's POV)

New day, new possibilities but thoughts, still the same. How many sleepless nights will I spend wishing you were with me? Kya lagta hai Shehnaaz, kabhi mil payenge hum? 

'Chahat hai tumse milna aur chahat hi rahegi, tum mujhe bhool jao yahi sahi hai'

Aaj itna mann tha mera reunion me aakar tumhe milun, tumhe zor se hug kar saku. Par kaash ye sach ho sakta. Itne saal beet gaye tumhare bina, par khayal ek hi hai, mein tumhare layak nahi.

I kept her photo frame back on the table. I didn't go to the reunion not because I was busy,  but because I won't be able to face her. I can't let her see how vulnerable I am without her. I don't know how I am gonna show my face to her if we ever come across. I hope this doesn't happen. I am at that point of life where I badly want to see her, but I also think it is better to live without her. There is no conclusion of this fight between these thoughts. I better get to work and try to distract my mind.

(End of POV)

In India, Shehnaaz headed to Harpreet's house from where all 3 of them would go to school.

(Shehnaaz's POV)

I was going to the same place where my story with Sidharth started and also, ended. All the moments we spent with each other there were running in my head. Basketball court, canteen, classroom, the stairs, skating rink, almost every place in the school had a memory in my head. But the worst of all was the auditorium. Where it all came to an end.

*FLASHBACK* 
14th June, 7 years ago (In Shehnaaz's POV)

My entrance exam results were out today. I was very happy as I got marks which made me eligible for getting admission in one of the best colleges in India. Everybody was happy to no end. When you desire for something way too much, and finally get it, it is the best feeling ever. But I was also sad as Sidharth couldn't qualify. He was being the sweetest guy ever. He didn't show any disappointment to me. He hugged me tightly and then made me sit on his shoulders and roamed everywhere.

A ceremony was being held in the school auditorium where the school teachers were congratulating me and giving me a lot of attention. Sidharth was sitting in the audience and I could hear the loudest claps from his side. I felt so blessed to have him in my life. He was literally the best partner I could imagine. I got busy in a discussion with the teachers and when I went to see him, I was shocked.

Sidharth was not present in his seat. I enquired about him to Tanishq and he sadly gave me a letter. My hands started shivering. I was sweating all over. After gathering the courage, I finally opened the letter.

'Dear Shehnaaz,

I am not gonna take much of your time. Just give me a few minutes. You know how happy I am right now. You finally achieved your dream. But I think, this is the end. I don't wanna take this relationship forward. There is no specific reason. Or I should say, I can't explain it to you. So, long story short, I think we should not be together anymore. Congratulations on your achievement. Bye!

Sidharth'

I felt my heart breaking into pieces. All my happiness turned into misery in a jiffy. Everything stopped for me at that moment. I couldn't believe that my Sidharth wrote this. I thought it must be some kind of joke. I searched for Tanishq but he was nowhere to be seen. I called him and asked, "Tanishq, yeh kya mazak hai?"

"Konsa mazak?"

"Yeh letter me jo likha hai wo jhoot hai na?"

"Sorry Shehnaaz, but jo likha hai wo sahi hai. Woh sahi me jaa chuka hai."

"Par kyu?"

"Kuch nahi bataya usne, par ab wo airport jaa chuka hai."

"Mujhe usse milna hai. Kaha jaa raha hai wo?"

"Pata nahi."

I ran towards the parking like a mad person along with Harpreet and rushed to the airport. No, I couldn't let him go like this. I didn't know what I was going to do at the airport, but all I needed was just one conversation with him. After all the love we had between us, is this how it was supposed to end? 

We reached the airport after an hour. I searched for him everywhere I could. But unfortunately, he left. He left somewhere without telling me. I broke down badly. I couldn't stop crying. I had never imagined that all this would come to an end this way.

'Barso pehle jo vada kiya tha vo tumne tod diya,
Pyar to shayad aaj bhi utna hi tha fir kyu chodh diya'

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Even after these many years, no one ever told me where he was and what he was doing. I don't blame them because I know him very well. He must have told his parents and Tanishq to not tell me. Jo bhi ho, mujhe uspe poora bharosa hai ki usne mere liye kuch achha soch ke hi ye kiya hoga. Par kaash usne ye socha hota ki mere liye har wo cheez achhi ho jaati hai, jisme wo hota hai.

I was kinda happy now that I was getting to meet my old teachers who had helped me a lot. Also other classmates. Kuch ladke aise bhi milenge jinko Sidharth ne dara ke rakha tha. Remember Harsh? (If you don't, refer to chapter 17) Maybe, even today those guys might not talk to me. Well, we were one iconic couple.

 I hoped everyone must have forgotten about me and Sidharth. How would I face those questions? Wait, Ronnie bhi waha hoga na. Woh toh chhapri hai kabhi bhi aa jaata hai. Aur Atharva bhi. Inko bhi jhelna padega. Abe yaar! Aaj zyada bola na toh muh tod dungi unka. Ab konsa mujhe darr hai school ke rules and regulations ka.

(End of POV)

She reached Harpreet's house and saw Harpreet was all set to leave but Tanishq was still getting ready.

"Ladkiya zyada time lagati hai par yahan toh tu time laga raha hai." She giggled.

"Arre aisa nahi hai. Ye teri forever bestie ne mujhe abhi toh andar aana allow kiya. Kab se ye hi taiyaar ho rahi thi." Tanishq scoffed.

"Muh band kar aur chal." Harpreet pulled him out of the house.

They left for the school. Nobody knew how Shehnaaz was going to see that place which changed her life. What if they questioned her? Or blamed her for the breakup? Society had some serious problems. They were immensely interested in other's life instead of their own. And now, it was Shehnaaz's turn to face them.

********************

What forced Sidharth to take such a step? Jaanne ke liye jude rahiye.

Keep supporting!

Till then, adios amigo!