The team.

Koshi had convinced me to go to his morning practice with him. Tanaka and Nishinoya had been asking me to go for a couple of days now. I hate waking up early, I really envy morning people.

The cold morning air felt nice, but you and your brother didn't talk much in the way to school.

'why must they make us wear skirts, it's so collldd' you whined to yourself.

"Maybe Daichi will let you play in a practice match with the rest of the team." Koshi said out of the blue, breaking the silence.

"Maybe." you say with hesitation. You put your hands behind you back and stare at your feet as your started to think.

You haven't played volleyball in months. you haven't even touched a ball since your grandpas' death. 'even if I did play, I would probably let them all down anyway.'  you thought.

'Anytime anyone mentions anything to do with volleyball, y/n flinches or hesitates... it always brings her on edge. She must still be stuck on her grandpas death.'

He gave you a serious and worried stare. "y/n, your an amazing and talented libero. you're doubting yourself again, your face says it all." your brother put his hands in his jacket pockets and sighed. "You can't give up and run away from volleyball anymore. I understand why you don't want to play anymore, but you have skills, knowledge, and abilities that anyone would die for. Your grandfather's legacy is being lived through you now Y/N. All that hard work can't be wasted." He finished.

You sat there in amazement of your brothers words. You found yourself with glossy eyes from the tears collecting. "your right." you breathed.

"you know, Nishinoya and you would be good friends." Koshi giggled.

"Oh, Nishinoya yuu? I've met him. isn't he the libero as well?" you asked.

"Yeah, just like you he actually has a special move, he called his the 'rolling thunder" Koshi said with a proud smirk.

"oh my god, that's so cool. I wish I had named mine now.." you say as your eyes sparkle.

Time skip.

________________________________

You and Kōshi had arrived at the gym. Your palms became sweaty and breathing started to hitch.

Right before you walked through the doors, your eyes laid on a familiar face. "Kiyoko-San!" You greeted. She jumped at your sudden call.

"Y/N-Chan? What are you doing here so early?" she said, lifting a brow.

"Oh nii-chan convinced me to watch a practice match." you said while putting your bag on the floor. Just then a ball came flying your way. You knew very well that the ball wouldn't hit you, but it's still second nature to receive a falling ball. The ball seemed to be a spike that was out of bounds.

you quickly positioned yourself. you brought your knees down, put your elbows together and immediately felt impact. your eyes quickly met with familiar orbs.

"Y/N-Chan?" A bald head said. "Oh my god, I didn't know you were a libero! That was so cool Y/N!" Another familiar voice said. your eyes panned the room, everyone had their gaze on you.

You rubbed the back of your head and giggled. "hi Nishinoya, hi Tanaka!"

You glanced at a guy with a tall and lean build. He looked overly worried as he was staring at you with his mouth wide open. His man bun was something that caught your eye, making him easy to remember.