Rivals Pt. 2

"Kageyama, Nice serve!"

Kageyama took a deep breath and gripped the well aired up ball.

The whistle qued the 8 seconds.

Kageyama aimed the ball right in the setters' path.

The thud echoed around the room.

"Service ace!!" Asahi yelled. The ball hit the other side of the court with nobody able to receive.

"There's our kings self serve!" Tanaka put his arms in the air and praised Kageyama.

Kageyama only responded with a growl at the nickname.

"First point to Karasuno... let that be their only." The Johzenji coach whispered under his breath.

The game had been over thrown by Karasuno with their determination and spirit. Knowing what was on the line, they had no intention of losing.

Terushima aimed his serve right for the skinny middle blocker. Everyone widened their eyes at the trajectory.

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi warned from the sidelines. Tsukishima quickly put his arms together and lowered his hips. Tsukki was also surprised by the direct attack for him but he wasn't gonna back down.

The ball made a thud sound on his arms as it flew back into the air. "Tsukishima, nice receive!" Daichi and Nishinoya yelled.

Tsukishima looked down at the pain on his white arms. 'Dammit' he thought to himself.

'Tch this guy dosent know what he got himself into huh.' Terushima watched the ball barely stay in play.

The boys had followed everything you said the day before. Johzenji wasn't ready for the sudden improvement of Karasuno.

The wing spiker suddenly flew into the air and went into spiking position.Karasuno was almost fooled but Tsukishima saw Teru waiting to jump. He pulled on Kageyama's shirt away from the wing spiker to indicate it wasn't his ball.

BAM

The ball was completely shut out by Tsukishima and Kageyama.

"ALRIGHT!" You cheered.

The room became silent as Tsukishima landed. You noticed something felt wrong. The air was now tense and cold. Kageyama stared at Tsukki in shock.

The middle blocker stared down at his hand and watched the blood flow out of his now open wound.

"T-Tsukki?" Yamaguchi said hesitantly. Nobody could manage a single word as Tsukishima's usually scary or salty aura was now silent and gone.

You gripped your nails into your knees in anticipation. You just wanted to know what was happening.

It had felt like the longest 30 seconds of everyone's lives as they stood in the stale room.

Tsukishima gripped his left wrist with his right hand.

You couldn't see what was wrong. That was before you saw a drop of blood fall onto the floor.

"Takeda call a time out!!" You yell at Takeda. He nods his head and stands up to call a time out.

'Blood on the court is never good..'

"Tsukki what's wrong?" You ask him as you stood up and approached the rather annoyed looking boy. He took slow steps off of the court with his eyes still glued to his hand.

"I'm fine. No need for a timeout." He says plainly. You take Tsukishima's hand and stare at his bloody ring finger. His nail was too long and the ball hit it perfectly, tearing the nail past the nail bed.