Varda

Caladwen spent a bit under a fortnight with Treebeard. And it was time for her to move on, to continue her travel to Lothlórien.

"Are you leaving, little elfling?" Treebeard asked while he looked Caladwen putting on her cape. Caladwen exhaled deeply and nodded.

"If so, then I will send you to the edge of my forest. There I have to leave you, for I have duties here."

Caladwen nodded again and she let Treebeard lift her on his shoulder. She had traveled like this a lot over her stay in Fangorn and she even enjoyed it sometimes.

The walk through the forest took them two days. Treebeard walked the whole time, while Caladwen stared at the stars at night.

"We are here, little elfling." Treebeard finally announced when the sun was setting on the second day.

"It would be wise to stay here until the sun comes out again. I will stay here and protect you."

Caladwen gave him a half smile and layed on the grass before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

---

Caladwen woke with the sun. She bid Treebeard farewell before pulling on the hood of her cape and walking towards Moria.

She had always wanted to meet dwarves because she had heard many stories of them but few passed through Ithilien.

Caladwen was deep in her thoughts when a roar and hot wind woke her from them. She looked around, having a tight grip around the handle of her father's sword, and she saw it. A dragon!

It landed right infront of Caladwen and there was no point in hiding for it had already discovered her.

"What is a she-elf doing here? Trying to fight for their lives?" It asked with a deep mocking voice.

Caladwen shook her head and drew her sword.

"Then no-body will care if I burn you." he laughed and Caladwen saw through it's open mouth a fire forming in the back of it's throat.

She, out of instinct, raised her hand to cover her face and turned away, embracing her death, when suddenly a female voice said: "You will take her life and she will become your sister, Scatha!"

And with that Caladwen felt flames surround her but they didn't burn and then she felt a warm feeling grow inside her. She looked down at her arms and they were glowing. Her clothes burned off and she was left like she was born into this world.

A powerful explosion happened inside of Caladwen and she lost consciousness.

---

"Welcome, daughter of Ilúvatar." the same female voice greeted.

She had no memory of her past life and didn't even remember her own name. The only thing that she remembered was the warm feeling inside of her because it was still there.

It felt as a camp fire had been lit inside of her and forgotten to be put out.

When she looked down at her arms she wasn't glowing anymore but was pale, as an elf should be.

Where am I?

"You are in Aman, the Halls of Mandos."

She looked around and spotted the one who had spoken to her. It was a beautiful Vala, the Queen of Stars, Varda. Her eyes shone like the stars, her dress was made out of the nights sky and her long hair was light gray, a few streaks of silver in there.

Why am I here?

"You are the one who shall defeat the evil in Middle-Earth. Your destiny was set long before you were born. You, sister of dragons, will ruin Melkor's plan to take over the world."

How can I do it?

"You have a pure heart, something that the Dark Lord fears and despises. And we have seen your courage that is comparable with men. I, Varda, and the other Valar will guide you on your way."

Varda walked down seemingly empty room, without walls, floor or ceiling. She followed her until suddenly a door opened and bright light shone in.

Varda stepped through first and then she followed her. She was amazed by what she saw. The hall she was in was filled with warm sunlight and decorated luxuriously with lots of different flowers. A small water fountain was in the middle of the hall.

"Before you meet the others we need to clad you." Varda said when she turned to look at her. She looked down at her naked body and became very aware of her lack of clothes.

"Stay here." Varda smiled and walked away but came back moments later with a full set of armour.

She took it from Varda. It was made out of black metal, with spikes and a black cape. "Put it on."

She quickly clad herself in a pair of black leather pants and a linen shirt before putting the armour on. It instantly lit up in flames. She looked at herself in the water.

Her eyes were a shade of firey red, her lips were black and her hair was black and seemed to smolder. She quickly braided it but a few strands fell out, creating a frame around her face.

"Come with me, daughter of Ilúvatar." Varda started walking towards the door and she followed her.

The outside was even more amazing than the inside. The house was surrounded by huge gardens and was located on top of a mountain.

Varda walked down the stairs gracefully when she did it rather ungainly because of her armour.

"Meet the Valar, daughter of Ilúvatar."