The dark lord

She saw thirteen figures, similar to Varda, standing in a circle in the garden of the mansion.

"Welcome, daughter of Ilúvatar." an older one, clad in blue robes and with the brightest blue eyes, named Manwë, greeted her. She bowed a bit because she was in the presence of the most powerful beings in Middle-Earth.

"I have something to give you before I have to leave." A strong smith named Aulë said and stepped forward with something in his hands but it was covered with a black fabric.

Aulë stopped infront of Varda, who took the black fabric and revealed a shield with a dragon on it, a sheared sword and a bow and arrows in a quiver.

Varda secured the fabric to her shoulder blades to creat a cape that lit up in flames like her armour had before. "Now is your armour complete."

"And now is the time that you get your weapons." Aulë said.

She reached for the sword and shield but left the bow and quiver in his hands. "Are you not taking them?"

I feel like I do not use a bow. That sword is more effective.

"It is your own choice, daughter of Ilúvatar." Aulë nodded in respect and then bid farewell to the other Valar before going on his way.

---

"The training will be tough, daughter of Ilúvatar. But you will learn many things that will come to use when fighting for the greater good." Varda spoke while they were sitting in the garden after the other Valar had left.

Will I get my voice back?

"I am afraid that it is not in my power to give something so precious to you. You will be the voiceless guardian of the living in Middle-Earth." Varda spoke in a sad yet majestic tone.

She only nodded at the wise Vala words.

Her memories from her earlier life were gone but some deep feelings and urges were still there. Like something that made her choose a shield and a sword over a bow and arrows.

And her hard training started. Every day a new Valar shared their knowledge and made her be a better warrior, who would be fierce yet compassionate.

But there was someone else who noticed their hard work- the dark lord. He hid his fear with anger towards his minions. But he had a plan in work.

---

"Again." Manwë ordered when she fell to her knees. She was tired and beaten but she stood with anger in her and attacked Manwë again.

Her sword was almost against his chest but Manwë summoned wind and her sword flew down the mountain.

She looked at it with wide eyes before going after it. "Don't use the stairs."

She turned around and looked at Manwë in confusion. "Do not use the stairs." he repeated himself.

And she obeyed. She leaped off the edge and after a long fall she landed in a crouching position. And surprisingly did not feel any pain. She stood straight, picked up her sword. But she felt a sharp pain in the back of her head before she fell unconscious.

---

She woke up in a dark dungeon. She had to blink her eyes hard because her mind was dizzy and the world seemed to spin infront of her eyes.

"Is she awake?" a raspy voice asked, well more like growled.

"Yes, my dark lord." another voice squeaked in fear and then the cell door opened.

A large figure stepped inside and walked over to where she was laying on the ground.

"Up." the dark lord commanded. When she didn't obey he grabbed her arm and yanked her on her feet. His touch burned through her armour but she didn't even flinch.

"You are going to help me rule the world."

She didn't say anything, only stared into the black voids behind his helmet where his eyes should be.

"Tell me your name." he demanded. When she still stayed quiet he slapped her across the face and said: "Lacheana is your name."

Why should I help you?

"You want to know why? Because the Valar wanted you as their servant. I, on the other hand, want you as the dark queen you were supposed to be."

What if I don't want to be your dark queen?

"Then you will suffer." the dark lord hissed before kicking Lacheana on her knees and leaving the dungeon.

---

She didn't know how long she had been in the dark and cold dungeon until the heavy cell door opened again.

"Have you changed your mind?" the dark lord asked. Lacheana stared up at him but didn't answer. "I will take that as a no. Guards!"

Two dark figures stepped in. They towered over Lacheana. "Show her what means not obeying to the dark lord."

The guards dragged her to a lake. It was crystal clear and Lacheana could easily see the rocky bottom of it. They then threw her in.

Lacheana struggled through pain the water caused her. It was ice cold against her skin. She would have drowned in it if one of the guards hadn't fished her out.

She choked up water and her skin was steaming. "Up." one of the guards commanded. Lacheana didn't dare to disobey this time and got on her feet through pain. She was lead back to her cell.

---

Lacheana had lost count of the days and she had came to the conclusion that the Valar were not going to save her.

Call the dark lord.

"Are you ready to serve as my dark queen?" the dark lord asked right when he stepped through the cell door. Lacheana only nodded. "Come."

Lacheana was lead to a room, fit for a dark queen. "These are your living quarters. Here are two servants." Two elves were pushed in through another door. They looked weak and beaten up.

"The guards are always behind the door." the dark lord said almost as a warning before he closed the door behind him.

The elves looked scared. Lacheana bet that they would have rather died like a mortal than suffer in this place.