Living On Earth

Steven!"

I paused, I knew that voice but I was scared to turn around.

"How dare you leave your planet and didn't tell me! Do you know how much trouble you can get in to?" my mother said.

"Yes I know mother," I said turning to face her.

"Then why did you leave!" she said crossing your arms, "And why are you showing your sides to humans!"

"There not humans mother, there mermaids," I said looking at Angel smiling.

"Your coming back home."

"No!" I said looking at my mother.

She paused and looked at me, "What did you just say to me?" she said coming closer.

"I said no, I'm in love," I said looking at Angel. "I want Angel to be my queen."

My mother gasped, "No!"

"Why not!"

My mother just looked at me. "The book..."

"The book doesn't say anything about a mermaid mother, and I'm the king now, so it's my choice," I said going back to my human side.

"I want to ask everyone on Saturn what they think."

"Steven," my mother said.

"No!" I said.

****

Steve went back to Saturn to ask his planet if they accept the marriage of him and Angel. They all say yes. But the mother still says no so Steve doesn't marry Angel until his mother makes up her mind. So Steve and his mother go back down to Earth. Steve wants to prove to his mother that he really loves Angel. His mother needs to see that, but it might take some time.

Steve and Angel have been spending a bunch of time together. Steve's mother has been watching them and realizes that her son does love a mermaid, but she doesn't say anything at all, she keeps it to herself.

****

"So you do love her," my mother said.

I looked at her, "Of course I do."

It was silent for a moment.

"I suppose, that you two can get married."

I looked at her confused and surprised, "Wait, what?"

"I approve the marriage," my mother said leaving.

I sped to find Angel.

She was about to go in the water.

"Angel!" I said yelling her name.

She looked back and smiled.

As soon as I got to her I hugged her while I picked her up and spun her around.

"What?" she asked.

"She said yes, my mother approves of our marriage," I said kissing Angel on the cheek.

"Really!" Angel said crying and giving me a hug.

"Why are you crying?" I said wiping away her tears.

"I'm crying because I'm happy that I'm going to be with you forever," she said.

Forever. That word made me smile. I was so happy that my wings grew and I took Angel with me up and in to the sky.