chapter one

the beginning of this story is super cliche please bare with me
it's pretty bad cliche i'm sorry
now enjoy :)

"there she is! the hufflepuff princess!" edmund says loud enough for the entire courtyard to hear. the humor in his voice is active because he is fully aware that athena doesn't want much attention from others.

"lower your voice, yeah?" belle snaps back, harshly flicking edmunds nose. he lets out a small giggle and smirks to her.

"always so kind, my dear belle." belle rolls her eyes in response to his comment and fixes her soft blonde hair. all of her fly-aways return perfectly back to their spot on her head.

athena approaches the group with a large smile and pink warm cheeks. she carries multiple heavy books in her arms and you can tell she might have been struggling.

to others, a group of two hufflepuffs, a ravenclaw, and a slytherin would look extremely mad. they all looked and acted so different but you could barely find them separated. at first, people thought it was bizarre but after year three, people just didn't bother to comment anymore. the group had been together for the entire time through their school experience.

"someone help the poor girl." ivy hisses, her eyes darting directly to edmund. edmund looks to ivy and shrugs his shoulders. "i'm not going to do it!"

the group all chuckle and edmund helps athena with her books. he slips them out of her hands and places them on the bench behind them. athena thanks him and fixes her grey sweater.

"does everyone have a free schedule tonight?" the small ravenclaw, belle, asks. her grey eyes flicker from the large book in her lap to meet everyone standing in front of her.

"i'm free." edmund chirps as he sits beside belle on the bench. they meet eyes and share a small smile.

"of course you are free, ed. we are the only girls that will freely speak to you." ivy's tone comes off as passive aggressive and rude but the group knew she was full of love. edmund laughs loudly, throwing his head back as he does so.

"actually, i am trying to work my magic on a certain ravenclaw right now. i'm asking her on a date later tonight." athenas eyes dance around as she tries to spot any female ravenclaw around them but isn't able to spot any. "beside that, i assume you will be flaking on us again. for malfoy."

ivy's cheeks quickly fade into a deep pink shade, which is definitely a rare sight to see. ivy was not a shy or scared person, she could fight or argue with anything, but her one weakness was the feelings she had for draco malfoy. draco had been attending hogwarts since we were all children and we've been watching each other grow up. ivy has had feelings for him since he told her she was breathtaking second year.

athena and edmund found it particularly odd to be calling peers breathtaking at the ripe age of thirteen, but they been secretly spending almost everyday/night together since that. neither of them want anyone to find out about their secret meetings because they're scared people will think they have real emotions. athena was never able to figure out their relationship, she didn't ask questions anymore.

"shut up, you idiotic hufflepunk." ivy aggressively responds and points a finger in edmunds face. a large smile spreads across his face.