chapter eighteen

a/n: i have literally been reading SO much stuff and rereading parts of goblet of fire just to figure out the correct timeline and pick up on what school was like for everyone omg im trying to make it accurate as possible lol

in this chapter im trying to explain their situations more if that makes sense thank u guys for all the love i hope u enjoy this chapter hehe

also if there is anyone u guys want a chapter on separately please LET ME KNOOOO

attending hogwarts had suddenly felt so different, for everyone. this was an entirely new experience for not only the guest schools but also the students who were from the school.

the students from beauxbatons and durmstrang were apart of everyone's daily lives, they were getting an education with the hogwarts students in the classrooms. mostly only the year 6 and 7's shared new classmates, though. with the new age limit, not many younger students from the schools came.

but beauxbatons and durmstrang students were constantly in the halls, or in the great hall, or laughing in the courtyard. the school was alive as ever during the last few days,  even the sun seemed to come out more.

however, life was even more extremely different for a few other people. for starters, harry potter. his name came out of the goblet of fire and no one really knew why, and that was a terrifying thought.

"i bet harry put his own name in and his joke just went way too far," edmund wood said in the courtyard while writing something in his notebook. "he can't confess now because everyone's so curious." he shrugged his lightly shoulders and smiled.

"harry potter tends to have the courage a gryffindor would but, i don't think he would be that idiotic." belle sat in the shade of the big green tree, her blonde hair seemed lighter in the sun.

"i genuinely feel like this might not end well for potter," ivy whispered the words just loud enough for the group to hear. "something wrong is going to happen."

the group of friends all swiftly shifted their moods. edmund had stopped writing, the quill sat on his brown notebook, and his eyebrows furrowed together.

"what do you mean by that?" athena could feel how tense cedric had gotten since ivy spoke. he also had sat up from leaning his body gently onto her smaller frame.

ivy held this new body language, she always beamed with confidence,  she always knew what to say next, but right now, she was almost bashful. ivy opened her mouth but nothing came out, instead she just slightly shook her head.

athena looked around to see if anyone was listening but they were speaking low, no one was giving them any attention. athena picked up on edmund staring at ivy, almost studying her for a moment before he sat down in front of her.

"what does draco know?" edmund had whispered his words even quieter, sending a chill down athena. cedric and athena barely heard the question come out. ivy looked to ed, knowing that she could not lie to her friend even if she wanted.

"he doesn't know anything," ivy said her words in a way that defended draco, then she softened her voice. "and he won't tell me anything." draco malfoy was known for being somewhat involved in bad events, and situations with harry potter.