chapter fourteen

cedric diggory felt like the world was at his fingertips

cedric diggory felt like the world was at his fingertips. every day had become brighter, even when he wasn't able to see his new love but knowing that she was there and she was his, made every day better.

tests and homework assignments had been building up and up throughout the past week and cedric had been trying his hardest to stay on top of them all. fall was in full bloom at this point, all the leaves had turned into a soft orange or red color. the air was brisk and you probably wanted to wear a jacket if you went outside.

hallowe'en was in a few days and everyone was beginning to get extremely excited about it. at hogwarts, hallowe'en stood for all hallows' evening. it was a night that muggles and the wizarding world would celebrate on october 31st. it was a time full of getting candy, a large feast, dressing up in costumes, and playing pranks.

most students looked forward to this day because of not only the feast but the ghosts that lurked around hogwarts always put on a show at the end. the walls had recently been decorated with bats, fake spiderwebs, and different shaped pumpkins.

cedric was excited to spend his first holiday with his new friends and new love. it wasn't anything major to celebrate, but it was still something to look forward to.

a few whispers along the vine had been said about george and fred weasley and their halloween prank this year. they were extremely well known for the pranks they did at hogwarts because they always reminded the students to relax and have fun.

cedric had walked into the great hall, ready to eat and ready to see athena. or hopefully, he would. the great hall was loud and stuffy as he walked to the hufflepuff table. he admired the different shades of yellow that sat at his own table.

a large smile appeared over his face as he spotted the familiar brown-headed girl, instantly recognizing her by the back of her perfectly brushed head. there was already food in front of everyone and athena was speaking to a casual blonde-haired friend of hers.

as he sat down next to her, he instantly felt relieved to feel her presence. they had barely seen each other for a few days, due to skipping meals to study or studying in the library at different times.

when her light brown eyes looked over to see who sat beside her, a large smile appeared across her face, which mirrored his. cedric pressed a soft easygoing kiss against her warm cheek and placed a small hand behind where she sat.

"hi cedric, how was your day?" her small voice filled his ears over the large chatter happening around them. the blonde girl in front of them wore a soft smile while admiring the new couple. everyone had begun to hear about the two's new relationship, or whatever they were. but anyone who knew anything could have guessed it would have happened.