chapter four

cedric diggory had been anticipating the first quidditch game of the season all week. he was the captain now and really wanted to bring his team nothing but happiness and fun. he was so excited to be able to see so many people in one big area together once again and feed off their excitement.

"remember to enjoy yourselves and win this match everyone." cedric calls out to his team over the loud crowd screaming outside. he smiles quickly to all of them and attempts to read their expressions. for the most part, everyone looked excited.

within the next few seconds, the hufflepuff exits their group and fly out to the crowd. each player flies around together for a minute and attempt to pump the crowd up more and more.

when they fly back down, cedric meets the ravenclaw captain in the middle of the field. the screams had begun to die down to see what the captains would do. many people thought about what they did as they greeted each other, like it was some sort of representation of the houses.

last year, the slytherin captain would always squeeze the other captains house hard until the opposite captain was flinching. the gryffindor captain never shook hands but always just walked to the other captain and nodded his head in order to start the game.

cedric could feel the adrenaline pumping through his veins as he walked to the ravenclaw captain. the grass was slightly moist from the morning still and the air was beginning to really feel chilly, but not too much yet. cedric glanced to the crowd for a moment with a large smile, instantly noticing all the yellow in the crowd.

"anderson," cedric says with a charming smile as the boys finally reach speaking distance. he reaches his hand out for a firm handshake. "always a pleasure." he was still smiling and anyone from miles away could tell you that it was genuine.

cedric never met harm to anyone or anything. he would rather be a lover than a fighter, always. that was one of the many reasons anyone who met cedric diggory in his lifetime fell in love with him.

"diggory, always a pleasure." the boy replies with a large smile. you could definitely say ravenclaw and hufflepuffs were more of the softer houses within the four. people preferred to witness slytherin vs anyone else games because of the anger within.

"good luck out there." the ravenclaw captain says with an even larger smile and turns back to his team. cedric lets out a small chuckle and begins to job back to his yellow dressed team mates. within the next few seconds, the game starts.

the game was going great. the crowd was going absolutely mad for the first game. but with probably some definite biases, cedric thought the hufflepuff fans were being even more loud than the ravenclaws. the game was running smoothly without much chaos until cedric had noticed that edmund wood was having some trouble.

cedric knew it was his first real game since joining the team. cedric knew how different practice was than how the games played out. he had confidence in wood, knowing his brothers legacy and training him personally. did he possibly feel some sort of connect to edmund knowing how close he was with the hufflepuff princess? maybe.

one of the witty ravenclaw boys had begun some sort of tension with wood. cedric almost instantly picked up on it because he knew how most ravenclaw players worked. this guy was starting to really push the line with the amount of elbows he was throwing at wood.