wow ~ willex fluff

it had been just after julie and the guys played the orpheum. the group had hugged, and after plenty of tears (and some glowing) the boys no longer had caleb's "club stamp". they did a last group hug and all slowly pulled away, tears still in all of their eyes.
alex wiped his away with his sleeve, "and you all call me the emotional one." he laughs slightly while still sniffling and the rest of the band does the same, all of them wiping their own tears away.
reggie nudged alex's shoulder with his own laughing softly, "you're the one who cried in a room for 25 years." reggie's statement just erupted the whole group into more laughter, and a bit more hugging. they all thought it was nice that they could fully interact with each other, at least as far as they knew. when they parted again julie decided it was time she head inside at have a talk with carlos, giving each of her band mates one final hug before she went upstairs (holding luke a bit tighter and longer than she had reggie and alex, not that they truly minded).

luke flipped off the studio's lights and the boys all flopped down in their preferred seating. more specifically luke taking up 75% of the- his couch with reggie sitting at the other end, luke's feet in the bassist's lap, and alex on the beanbag chair nearby. they stayed like that for a while, just talking about life... well death technically but still.

after about 20 minutes of sitting around they heard the door creak open, it was too dark to fully make out who the figure was and after such a crazy day none of them had the energy to try either. they all listened for the click of the door closing again, which they heard followed by foot steps. alex was the only one who was seated in a way that would allow him
to see the figure, even in the darkness, and followed them with his eyes as they moved towards his drum set.
one of their fingers slid across the top of the high hat as they went around to the stool behind alex's drum kit, sitting down and sighing. alex could vaguely tell that the person had placed their head in their hands but all three of the guys could hear the person breathing kind of heavily.

"hey-" they started. their voice cracked immediately which caused the figure to stifle a small laugh at themself. "uh... hey alex," the person had readjusted and was now looking up to the ceiling. "i doubt that you... well that you can hear me, but i hope you're in a better place now. i don't really even know why i came here..." the person had started to cry, letting out a few sniffles, "i guess this is a close to telling you as i can get so... i really like you alex." their voice had been in a broken up whisper the entire time, a voice that alex knew deep down but sounded so distorted by emotion that he couldn't quite figure it out. the figure lifted from the stool behind the drum
kit and walked to the door, inches away from opening it turned around, "goodbye... hot dog."
those words are what made it click for alex, willie was in the studio. willie was in the studio.

alex blipped outside of the studio where it was still just light enough to see. willie opened the studio door and walked out, looking at his as his tears fell, pulling the door shut. he grabbed his skateboard that had been leaning against the studio wall and started walking forward, refusing to lift his head. he walked right into something, or more accurately someone.
willie raised his head slowly and looked up to see alex with a sad smile on his face and tear marks on his cheeks. willie's eyes widened as he was swept up into a hug, dropping his board to the ground and wrapping his arms around alex's neck. he cried into alex's shoulder, still unsure is this was real or not.

after a few moments willie pulled away and looked into alex's eyes, gently placing his hands on either sides of the taller boy's face. "you're here? you're ok?" he said it all in one breath, so quietly alex hardly heard him.

"i'm still here. and i'm ok as i can be... considering i'm still dead," alex chuckled at his own joke, "and i'm even better because you're here." his grip on willie's waist tightened slightly, pulling him just a few inches closer.

will smiled as a tear fell and rubbed the pad of his thumb on the side alex's face softly, almost trying to prove to himself this was real. "were you... were you in there when i uh..."
alex just nodded in response, letting go off willie will one hand and wiping away the tear sliding down the other boy's cheek.

willie leaned into the touch slightly as alex's hand went from wiping away the skater's tears to cupping the back of his neck. "willie..." that's all it took for his attention to be brought back to alex, "i really like you too... like a lot." they smiled at each other, both searching the other's eyes intently. "uh... can i uh..." will refocused on alex's entire face aside from his eyes and donned a slightly confused expression. "can i kiss you?" alex finished his sentence.
willie's eyes widened, surprised that alex was the one asking him, but alex's inner over thinker took it the wrong way and pulled away the hand partially entangled in willie's hair. "sorry i overstepped. sorry."

will just shook his head and pulled alex closer to him, grabbing alex's hand and putting it back where it had been resting before. "i don't think you understood what i meant by 'i really like you', hot dog." willie moved as close to alex as he felt possible and gently placed is lips on the taller boy's. alex melted into the kiss and kissed back softly at first but eventually with a bit of growing passion, his one hand half in willie's hair and the other pulling the skater impossibly closer as they kissed. they broke apart slowly, foreheads presses together.

"that was... that... wow," alex said, out of breath. he felt like he had after playing the orpheum just a few hours prior, but this time the electric feeling running through him was pleasant rather than painful. willie smiled at him and placed a shorter sweet kiss on alex's lips. "it was also my first kiss."

"oh... was it a good first kiss?" willie asked timidly. alex just nodded and kissed him again, smiling into the kiss this time.

[A/N hey fantoms! julie and the phantoms ((tell your friends)) has gotten me back into doing so many things including writing fanfics at 3am, editing, and hard core jamming in my living room not caring how terrible i sound. i wanted to start a oneshot book so i could write all my kinda cringey but still cute short ideas for jatp.
for any of y'all here from my other stories i wanted to let you know i'll probably be updating this religiously, but hopefully will get back to my other stories soon!
much love, lex 💖]
1138 words (thats the most words i've written in MONTHS!)

(ANOTHER A/N some people wanted to see the art i felt fit this fic so here it is!!!)