what's a baby yoda??- ralex fluff

(A/N: i know basically nothing abt star wars aside from slight knowledge from one of my friends, so keep that in mind while reading this.
all of the items reggie sees in this and all of his reactions are items i saw at walmart and the way i reacted to them. also there's like a mini christmas at the end but i will be writing an actual christmas chapter at some point.
1756 words)

as soon as he came up to alex and luke at the hollywood ghost club talking the "new" star wars character jar jar both boys knew reggie was going to want to watch the rest of the star wars movies.

of course that led to a week later with the entire band sitting in the family room at 8am, surrounded by popcorn bowls and other snacks as julie pulled up the first film on disney+. the band had decided to watch the movies in order of release because reggie wanted the experience he would've had seeing the films when he was alive.

reggie was enraged when he saw jar jar and started pouting for more time than he'd like to admit.
eventually alex nudged him, "kinda funny how it's called the phantom menace and we're phantoms, huh?"

his bandmates turned to face him, alex was usually the type for sarcasm rather than jokes and if anyone would've made that joke it would've been reggie. reggie stared at him for the longest as lightsabers clashed in the background and then he started laughing. full on belly laughing. the rest of the band joined in his laughter soon after.

at some point during attack of the clones reggie grabbed alex's hand, he wasn't sure when or why but the drummer held it tightly and with a soft smile.
as revenge of the sith came to an end and 10 pm snuck closer reggie begged julie to let them watch one last movie. reluctantly the singer agreed, knowing damn well that reggie's puppy dog eyes were a killer.

what julie hadn't expected was for the bands drummer to keep glancing at julie basically any time poe and finn crossed the screen. she hadn't taken a second thought to it until she realized that "oh wait yeah finn and poe are a ship in the star wars fandom" and then she realized "oh shit alex doesn't know if he's misinterpreting this or not."
if reggie hadn't been deeply invested in rey's adventure to become a jedi julie would've paused the movie to explain, but she did not want to interrupt reggie's reunion with his favorite franchise. instead she waited until the movie was over.

"jules?" alex questioned as soon as the credits started.

"yeah?"

"were they gay?"

"poe and finn?" alex nodded to her question, "it isn't confirmed in later movies but the majority of the fans ship them."

"ship? like spaceship?" reggie asked.

"no... short for relationship. like they should date."

the three boys let out a collective "oh!" and julie laughed at how much like a hive mind they were.

the next morning they started watching the rest of the films and alex started all but yelling at the screen when poe and finn didn't get to kiss at the end of the last movie. however when the credits rolled the four of them all yelled about finn and poe not getting a kiss and got even louder when julie went back and they saw a lesbian couple get a kiss.

about a week later flynn was at the studio and mentioned baby yoda. as soon as yoda left her mouth she regretted it when she remembered she could see the guys now if julie was in the room and how star wars obsessed reggie was.

"baby yoda? what's a baby yoda?" reggie asked as he whipped around.

"he's a character in uh... in a disney+ star wars show."

and then 30 minutes after band practice was over julie and the phantoms and their manager were sitting in the living room starting the mandalorian.