book of faces? ~ band chaos

ever since the band's instagram account blew up (almost 500k followers!), all of the fantoms- and flynn had dubbed the fandom name- were begging for luke, alex, and reggie to have instagram accounts.
of course the ghosts knew nothing about social media, which meant it was time for a crash course in socials from julie and flynn.

"alrighty boys! as your marketing, and basically management, i've decided it's time to get you on social media." flynn couldn't see the band, but she didn't need to see or hear them to know they had collectively groaned at her. flynn just shook her head and got started with her "lecture".

~•~

about an hour later, after explaining every social media outlet (completed by reggie renaming them "book of faces" "snap of chat" and "insta of gram") and having julie show the guys how they would post on it, julie and flynn decided it was time they got their "new" phones.

alex got julie's rose gold iphone 8, reggie got flynn's silver iphone 8, and luke got ray's black iphone 8. yes, the entire molina family had upgraded to the iphone X a year or so prior (as had flynn) and they kept their old phones.

luke just stared at his new phone for a minute, looking at it from literally every possible angle, before he looked back at julie. "how do we turn these things on?"

julie and then realized there was far more to learning how to use a phone than she'd thought about.

julie sat between luke and alex and asked for alex's phone, which he happily gave to her, "ok so first you hold down the button on the right side until the screen turns white and shows a black apple with a bite out of it." she showed the boys what she meant and the followed suit. "ok now we have to put your thumb prints in, these phones use your thumb print to open so only you can open your phone." julie showed the boys how to get to setting to put their thumb prints in and they were all pleasantly surprised that their thumbs were actually able to be read by the phone.
julie spent the next hour teaching the guys how to use their phones. the longest portion of time being explaining to them how siri worked, they were all even more shocked that siri could actually hear them.

another hour later and the boys had downloaded a bunch of games and other apps, most specifically julie and flynn made the boys download among us. they'd explained it briefly and that made the musician spirits want to play, but the entire group decided they should wait to play until a little later.

(A/N: this is short and not the best but i wanted to let you know that i've written the first chapter of my jatp instagram fic and it'll be out later today and i figured, what's better than a oneshot where the guys learn about phones.)