love story ~ julieflynn

(A/N thank you guys for 6k views and 55 followers, i'm so happy you guys like this story!! this is my first like full on julieflynn fic and it's also my first song fic so i hope you guys like it 👉👈🥺)

julieflynn
human! sunset curve (only mentioned like once)
song: love story by taylor swift
follows julie and flynn from 2010 (age 5) to 2030 (age 25)

~•~

julie and flynn were bounding around julie's bedroom listening to taylor swift, one of their favorite artists, when their favorite song started playing. of course love story wasn't their favorite song when they first became friends, and it hadn't always been their favorite, but when they started dating a year ago it slowly became their song.

we were both young when i first saw you

flynn holds out a hand for julie and does an awkward bow, "m'lady."
julie laughs in response and takes her girlfriend's hand.

i close my eyes and the flashbacks start

as the two lean into each other and slow dance together julie let's her eyes slip close and her head leans against flynn's.

i'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air

flynn smiles as she remembers the first time she met julie. it wasn't exactly the balcony taylor sang about, but julie had been sitting in the tower of the play castle at their preschool while flynn waved from the ground. flynn "climbed" up the tower to meet julie, and they became friends quickly after that.

see the lights, see the party, the ballgowns
see you make your way through the crowd to say hello
little did i know

julie recalls the moment she realized she was in love with flynn vividly. they were at their 8th grade formal and didn't get the chance to get ready together, for the first time since kindergarten. as julie locked eyes in her best friend in a floor length red gown with a slight going up to flynn's knee, she knew she had it bad.
flynn felt the same way seeing julie in her mid-calf length purple dress with a billowy skirt.

"hello!" flynn smiled at julie, "do a spin, let me see the whole look!" julie gave a small twirl with a pose at the end and flynn laughed while julie blushed, which went unnoticed by flynn. "gorgeous jules! absolutely gorgeous."

"i could say the same about you!" julie exclaimed as she gestured at her best friend. both girls laughed and linked arms as the strutted to the dance floor.

that you were romeo and you were throwing pebbles
and my daddy said "stay away from juliet"

flynn had always been the trouble maker of the two girls and was well aware of it.
she'd once convinced julie they should throw pebbles at the garage windows, of course doing so led to the girls eventually breaking one of the windows.
ray told julie she wasn't allowed to hang out with flynn anymore if the other girl was going to keep breaking things around the house. luckily for the two girls, julie's mom helped convince ray it was just an accident. eventually ray accepted the apology his daughter and best friend gave him, but the teasing about the garage window never ended.

i was crying on the staircase begging you please don't go

the day julie's mom died was one of the most straining on the girl's relationship. all julie could do was cry, cry while her dad held her, cry while flynn held her, she held it together mostly for carlos so he could let it out but tears still fell. she didn't stop crying that day and was sitting on the stairs letting tears slide down her cheeks when flynn pulled her in for a final hug.