pumpkin spice and bass guitar~ leggie coffee shop au

coffee shop au part 2 (kinda luke's pov?)
leggie
julieflynn
willex
3144 words
~•~

luke had buried himself into reggie's shoulder. he was barely shorter than the boy, no matter how much julie insisted he had 5'4 vibes, but the height similarity was comforting.

slowly luke pulled away, face reddening, "sorry i uh... sorry."

reggie smiled softly at the boy in front of him, barely letting him go, and grabbed his shoulder. "it's ok. ok?"

luke nodded as the two pulled apart completely. he smiled brightly at the boy and shoved his hands in his back pockets. "do you want to uh," he paused and laughed, "well usually i'd say coffee but considering you work here i doubt that would be much of a..." luke stopped himself

"lucas patterson, are you asking me on a date?"

luke's eyes widened and he glanced from reggie back to the floor and then back up to his bandmate, "maybe i am... and if i was?"

"i'd probably say yes," reggie smirked at the guitarist, "depending on what the date is."

luke's lips twinged into a barely there smile, "how about i surprise you?" reggie raised his eyebrows at the boy and luke continued quickly, "i promise it'll be fun!"

reggie looked around the room, seemingly pondering his options before busting into laughter, "of course i'll go out with you, you nerd! i just said i really like you!"

this time both of the boys laughed, wheezing until they couldn't breathe, and found themselves nearly in each other's arms again. reggie stared at the guitarist and glanced towards the boys lips a few times before jumping back quickly.

luke scratched the back of his neck as he turned to look out at their friend group. hearing the clearing of a throat he turned back to reggie. reggie just smiled at him and grabbed the hot cocoa mix and walked out to the counter, luke following like a lovesick puppy.

~•~

"lex!" reggie rushed into the coffee shop two days later, "jules!"

alex and julie both turned to face him, alex a towel in hand wiping off the counters as julie dried a coffe mug.

"what's up reg?" alex shifted slightly as his smiled dropped and his eyebrow raised.

"you know how luke asked me out?"

"yeah?" his bandmates replied in unison.

"well he's picking me up in 2 hours and i really could use some style help... and you guys are the most stylish people i know, aside from willie of course."

alex turned to julie, whose face held her signature smirk, and nodded to her before they both turned back to reggie.

"reginald," julie continued smirking, "get your ass over here and help us clean up so we can get you ready."

10 minutes later they were closing up shop and getting into alex's car, speeding off to reggie's house. they pulled into the (thankfully) empty driveway and reggie hopped out of the car and ran to the front door.

alex and julie follow reggie into the house and upstairs. both of them had been to his house once before but at two different times. when they got to reggie's room and bassist opened his closet door both of his bandmates were pleasantly surprised with how much clothing was in there.