Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Adam Kingsley, at the prime age of thirty, thinks that maybe he needs a long break from work. He had been staring at the proposal in front of him for five minutes without truly reading the contents. His head was throbbing from over-exhaustion after pulling a night over to finish finalizing the important contract.

He raised his head and blinked tiredly at the round clock that was hung opposite his view and noted that its two hours to lunch.

A hand reached out tiredly to press the intercom connected to his secretary's line, as he needed a cup of coffee to keep him awake. He would have preferred sleep, but he still has tons of work to catch up. When his secretary, Ms. Morgan did not answer, he sighed wearily and rubbed his eyes.

Knowing he had to get his coffee by himself now, he dragged himself out of his chair and office. Ms. Morgan was not behind her desk, but an unfamiliar woman bending down behind the desk, showing her barely covered butt to the world.

When the woman still does not realize his presence, Adam cleared his throat loudly. The woman quickly straightens up seeing him, trying to look subtle as she straightened her dress and hair. "Good morning, Mr. Kingsley. How can I help you?"

"Where is Ms. Morgan?"

"Ms. Morgan had left the office a few minutes ago. Her son has a fever so she needs to bring him to the hospital. She put me in charge of handling your remaining schedule for the day."

Adam finally remembered that his secretary had informed him before leaving a few hours ago, but he must have forgotten about it. "I remember it."

"Do you need anything, Mr. Kingsley?" She asked sweetly and he wondered if she was going to bat her eyelashes soon.

"No."

He headed to the small kitchen installed on the same floor to make his own coffee, unable to trust that woman to do it. Call him paranoid, but he had encountered more than one woman that tried to flirt with him while passing him a cup of coffee. Their favorite move was dumping the coffee on him.

"Wait, Mr. Kingsley! Where are you going?" She called.

"Get my coffee," he answered without looking back.

His headache finally eased after drinking a cup of coffee. With another cup of coffee, he headed back to his room but there were two women in front of him that was heading towards his office.

They had not noticed him behind them and he tried to recall his schedule. He was very sure that he had not arranged meetings with any employees today. One of them, a black haired woman, was dragging an awfully familiar brown haired girl.

He glanced at the table reserved for his secretary and was relieved that it was empty. The two women stopped right in front of his office and seem to be arguing. His eyes widened with when he finally saw the brown-haired woman's face.

It's that woman he accidentally slept with a month ago.

That night was a mistake. He had gotten so drunk that he could not remember what he had done. He remembered drinking to deal with his sorrow that still had not eased after three years. Then a cute brunette took a seat beside him and started talking about random stuff as they both drank without holding back.

Next, it was blank.

He remembered waking up to a horrified scream with the worst headache in the world. He had apologized to her but he still felt guilty, able to remember that he was the one encouraged her to drink more than she could handle. But he never realized until now that she was one of his employees.