Chapter 6

Chapter 6

They had a great lunch that was personally cooked by Myra herself. Liz was truly enjoying herself and greedily soaked the warm feeling around her. Liz had never thought that Adam's family would be this nice and welcoming.

Enjoying this beautiful moment gives Liz a feeling of bittersweet. Her family was totally different from this, cold and demanding.

"Thank you for the tea and cookies, Myra," Liz said with a smile. They were currently standing at the garden, exchanging farewells. The day was not early anymore and they need to leave before the sky gets dark, as it would be harder for Adam to drive.

"You are always welcome to visit us often!" Myra hugged Liz.

"I will try," Liz said, afraid to promise anything. Myra and Danaus make her feel welcome and Liz wants to visit them more but Adam would not like it if she spends more time with his parents.

"Adam, bring her to visit us more often," Myra demanded when she hugged her son.

"Yes, mother," Adam said.

Liz wondered if he meant it, or he was just saying it to appease his mother.

Adam waited for his mother to release him, but Myra continues to hug him. "Adam, don't let go of this lovely woman."

Adam sighed. "Mother."

"I mean it. She suits you better than those women that cling onto you."

Adam tensed. He was aware that Elizabeth Candler was different than those women that clings to him because of his money, but he will need to know spend more time with her before making any final decision.

"I won't let Liz go if we are meant to be." After all, there's a very high possibility that Liz's child in her stomach was his. However, if that child was not his, all Adam had to do was to tell his parents that they were not suitable for each other and decided to break up.

But the only problem was the fact that Liz's stomach would get bigger and her state of pregnancy would not be able to hide from his parents. He will have to fend off his parents from meeting Liz until the baby's born.

"Remember, Liz is a good woman," Myra said before she pulled back.

"I know that very well, mother. She's my girlfriend."

Myra smiled and pushed her son to Liz. "Now, get your lovely woman home safely! And remember to use protection!"

"Mother!"

"Myra!"

Liz was blushing so hard that Adam was slightly worried if she would faint. Liz was actually just embarrassed because the protection warning came too late and there was already a bun inside her oven.

Adam pulled Liz towards his car to avoid Myra saying more embarrassing stuff. "Goodbye Mother, Father," Adam said as he opened the passenger door for Liz.

"Bye Myra, Danaus," Liz waved before getting into the car.

Adam drives away as Liz continues waved at Myra and Danaus with a smile on her face until they could not be seen anymore.

Liz's smile slowly disappeared and she turned quiet. It was only after a while did she speaks, "You say...they don't know about the child, right?"

"Yes."

"Why?" She turned her head to look at Adam, who was concentrating on the road.

Adam tightens his grip on the steering wheel. "I can't say it to them when there isn't a solid proof that the baby is mine."