one

It feels like I've been walking up these stairs for years. Who the hell doesn't fix a broken elevator? I finally reach the top of the steps and walk down an empty hallway. "Room 367, finally," I breathe, searching for my keys. I open the front door and take in every ounce of the room in front of me. "Not too bad," I say to myself. I've only been here a few times to bring my belongings so I wouldn't have to bring them all today. I throw my keys onto the middle of the kitchen table, then walk around giving myself a tour of the apartment. When I reach the bedroom I hear something from the kitchen. "What the fuck was that?" I whisper while crouching down. I grab a pair of scissors for defense and stealthily walk toward the kitchen. "Hello?" I ask, fear evident in my voice. I stand up straight when I see my keys lying in the middle of my kitchen. "What the fuck?" I ask the air. "No. There's no fucking way," I say shaking my head and backing up. "I set them in the middle of the damn table!" I look around suddenly feeling very uncomfortable. I slowly walk to the middle of the kitchen and pick up my keys, setting the pair of scissors on the table. I set the keys next to them, waiting a second to make sure they aren't going anywhere. I walk into my bedroom and sit on the ground, pulling my suitcase towards me. I take everything out then put my clothes in the dresser that came with the apartment. It's old and dusty and creepy looking, but it holds my shit so it's fine. I walk back to my suitcase to grab a pair of underwear to put in the next drawer when I hear another sound. "Oh fuck this," I say, walking out of my room. But I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw my keys lying in the middle of my kitchen again. "Who the fuck is in here?" I yell. "Show yourself, fucker," I said, trying to sound tough. Even though I'm scared shitless. I walk into the kitchen and pick up my keys setting them back on the table. "I can play this game too!" I said to whoever, or whatever, was fucking with me. I walk back into my room and unpack the rest of my clothes. What the fuck is going on?