two

I open my eyes and look at the clock. 10:37 a.m. I get out of bed and walk out of my room. I stop in the doorway to examine the apartment. The keys were on the table, and everything seemed to be in place. I walked to the fridge and remembered I have no food. I let out a loud groan and walk to my bedroom to get changed. I put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a random band tee that I found in the dusty old dresser. I grabbed my keys, put on my flip flops and walked out of the door to go grocery shopping.

I came home with about seven bags that I skillfully placed up both of my arms. I not-so-gracefully fished my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door. I threw my keys on the table and kicked the door shut. I put all of the groceries away and when I turned around I noticed the scissors I left on the table last night are now open. "I know for a fact that these were closed!" I exclaimed, holding the scissors up in the air. I dramatically closed them and slammed them onto the table. "What the fuck is going on?" I asked putting my head in my hands. I decided I should take a shower to get my mind off of the weird shit that keeps happening in this apartment.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around my waist and I realized I never ate when I got home. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. "Oh my god," I said just above a whisper when I saw that everything in the fridge had been re-arranged. I shut the fridge and turned around quickly. I took a deep breath and went to the cabinet and pulled out a granola bar, suddenly not hungry anymore. I tip-toed into my room and put on a pair of sweat pants and an Iron Maiden tank top. I sat on my bed and thought about everything that is happening. Is someone in my house? Is it a ghost? A demon? A demon ghost? I can't move, I'm broke as it is, I can't afford to move again. I walk into the kitchen and grab a large knife and bring it back into my room, just in case of emergency. As soon as I sat down I heard a noise. My eyes widened and I sat up straight. I picked up the knife and slowly walked out of my room, bracing myself for what could happen next. I see the water in the sink running. I walk into the kitchen and turn it off, without lowering my knife. "What do you want from me?" I asked moving the knife back and forth. No answer. "Cool," I say lowering the knife and heading back into my room in defeat.