four

"Hello?" I say answering my phone. "Hey, mate, are you busy today?" Calum asked from the other side of the phone. "Nope, wanna hang out? You can come to mine?" I offered. "Sure, I'll be there in twenty," he replied, and with that we said our goodbyes. I sat in my room for a few moments until it hit me, maybe it's not safe for Calum to be here. Whoever, or whatever, is in this house obviously isn't a huge fan of him.

As I was putting on a pair of jeans, I heard a knock at the door. I hopped through the house trying to put my pants on. I finally buttoned them and opened the door. "Hey mate!" Calum greeted with a smile. We exchanged hugs and out of the corner of my eye I saw a picture frame shake, as if it was warning me to stop. We sat around and talked until he curiously asked, "why is the picture of us the only picture that isn't framed?" My eyes widened while I tried to think of an excuse. "Um, well you see, it.. broke," not a lie. "Oh," he said turning back in my direction. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom," he said getting up. I focused on my phone while I waited for him to return. After a few minutes he came back, but he stopped dead in his tracks. He turned pale, and his mouth was agape. "You alright? You look like you just saw a ghost," I mentally laughed at my own joke when he weakly pointed to the kitchen and said just above a whisper, "Michael, look," I turned my head to see every knife in my kitchen was stabbed into the counter in a perfectly straight line. "Fuck," I whispered. "Calum, don't panic, I promise everything is fine," I tried calming him down. He looked me dead in the eyes and asked, "Michael, what is the name of this apartment complex?" "Uh, St. Peter's or something, why?" I asked, confused. his face fell and he calmly said, "You need to get out of here,"