CHAPTER 11

A future is something that is uncertain to most people. For if a person knows what will happen tomorrow, he will either do the things to achieve it or run from it.

Elin stared at Aurora as she was astounded that an oracle was right in front of her. 

Oracles were considered rare and were sought after by how precise the future they predict. Though the words they give were vague, one must search for the meaning behind it.

“Let’s go talk on the other room, shall we? And YOU, Leo, stay out!”, Aurora demanded.

“What? But --- what about my orders? I was here first!”, Leo seemed dumbfounded.

Both woman left Leo standing in the middle of the hut. Aurora and Elin entered the room filled with herbs at the sides and desk littered with trinkets that were collected as souvenirs.

“Sorry about that. Didn’t expect some guest will arrive today”, Aurora cleaned the desk and offered Elin a seat.

“Sorry for intruding your property so suddenly”, Elin apologized.

“No. NO. It’s okay! You’re not bothering me at all”, Aurora smiled as she set aside the last clutter.

“Can you tell me your name?”, the oracle sat on the chair across Elin.

“Oh! Forgive my rudeness. Elin is my name. Just Elin”, she answered.

People with last names were all nobles. Those who do not have were considered commoner even if that person was thriving really well in the society. Last names were like a medal of honor. A medal that was only given to the nobles and was passed down from generation to generation.

“By the way you speak, I know you are not a commoner, darling. You try to hide it so much but the elegance you exude is still there. But worry not! I will not pry any longer. Your secrets are yours to keep. Now, where were we?”, Aurora sat down infront of Elin resting her chin on her hand as she waited for her response. Elin couldn’t afford to tell someone her origin. Even if that person will help her, she still can’t trust anyone.

“I’m looking for a detailed map of the Kingdom of Caris”, Elin replied to the inquiry.

“Judging by how you were able to know my whereabouts, I assumed that you know of my dealings?”, her eyes smiled with expectation.

“Yes. You want an equivalent exchange, right? I can give you what you want if you tell me to get it”, Elin was determined to take ahold of the map even if it means giving up something she values. Fulfilling her plans was her first priority.

“Alright then. I would like that necklace you have there”, Aurora pointed at the jewelry hanging on Elin’s neck. She was stunned by Aurora’s word as the necklace was not in plain sight.

Elin hesitated for a second before actually handing out the necklace she treasured the most. A necklace full of memory of a family that truly loved her for who she was.

“I will provide you the map. You can also choose whatever you like in the shelves. I will also provide this drop earring if you like. I don’t know what you’re going to do there but you need it to change your identity. You’re practically trespassing the country but that is none of my business”, Aurora stared at the pendant that shimmered like the the star while talking to Elin.

“Is that necklace enough? To give me this much is a little bit overboard”, Elin was confused by her offer.

“Oh! Believe me. This necklace is more than enough for me”, Aurora clutched the necklace while smiling slyly.

“You know, you’re the second Easton to come here. So I was not surprised by your sudden visit. He was a very fine young man I tell you”, Aurora stared at Elin as she scanned through the desk.

“Oh! What brought him here?”, Elin was shocked by such information. She didn’t think that a person was able to venture in this forest. Elin was only able to arrive here thanks to Nero. They couldn’t afford to fight any beasts roaming around the area.

“Well, He was searching for a ring. Perhaps, he will give it to the one he loves?”, Aurora replied.

“Why say so?”, Elin stopped and listened to Aurora.

“When I asked him if he’s going to propose, he just smiled”, Aurora wondered.

“Isn’t providing such information of your other guests a breach of confidentiality?”, Elin said while packing the thing she needed to leave.

“Oh, don’t worry. I didn’t describe him. I didn’t give you his name”, Aurora assured Elin.

“By the way, who told you that I’m a witch? Did he also provide you the information of my whereabouts? I just want the name. Don’t you worry a thing. A lot of people have the same names”, she asked Elin.

“My brother, Fynn. When I was younger, he told me to be wary of a being that grants wishes but requires something in return”, Elin said while scanning the trinkets that was set aside.

“Fynn, ehhh. You capricious fox. To equate by beauty as something so horrendous. If only I knew some curses”, Aurora mumbled in a low voice that Elin couldn’t here what she said. No one knew about the location of Aurora except for a few people she trust.  Her hut always changed location within the forest to prevent people from finding her.

After Elin received what she wanted, they went back to the room where Leo was left behind. Elin thanked Aurora before leaving the place.

“Now, Nero. Let’s start the plan. Shall we?” Elin smiled as they went back home.