18:

--Clarke's pov--

I wish I hadn't let go of Lexa but I knew i had to. My mind is racing in excitement, worry, nervousness, but most of all embarrassment. I don't know what it is about Lexa that makes me feel like this just by being in her presence. I'm probably embarrassed because the look on lexa's face one second she's wide eyed and the next she has a slight smirk on her face. The second I notice her smirk I feel my face starting to heat up.

"That is a good plan Clarke I would have probably never come close to what you have in the short time you've been here. You are helping me destroy the mountain, you're a fast learner, and most of all you've been able to teach me things Clarke things I thought were wrong and things I thought were weak you showed me a better way to survive." By the end of lexa's short speech I'm not facing Lexa trying to hind my blush. I'm definitely red as a tomato I turn to Lexa and I am just noticing how close we really are only inches away. She is staring at me with a soft expression but there is something in her eyes I can't quite explain. My eyes explore her face only to land on her lips I flick my eyes back up to lexa's. She is staring at my lips not looking away as I'm about to lean in closer I hear a loud roar and deafening screams. I take a step back and give Lexa a confused look she looks at me with the same expression and we both run out the tent grabbing our weapons I make sure to grab my bow and arrows and gun.

We step out the tent an a giant gorrila throws a dead man towards us. I grab lexa and pull her out of the way Bearly missing us.

"Pauna" Lexa says the giant starts charging at us some guards jump in front of us trying to slow the gorrila. "Run! " With that we bolt into the woods running for what felt like hours.

"We need to find somewhere to hi-" Lexa is cut off by a roar and the beast jumps in front of us. I quickly pull out my gun and shoot the beast until I'm almost out of ammo. The beast takes a step back trying to regain its balance. Lexa quickly grabs me and we continue running. We can hear the beast behind us trying to catch up. I turn around and start firing arrows at rapid speed bearly fazeing it. Lexa runs up to attack when it's off balance. It swings at Lexa throwing her into a tree causing her to let out a scream in pain.

"LEXA" I scream.

It charges at her I starts bullets at it as fast as I can. One arrow ends up hitting it's neck causing the beast to fall to the ground. I take that moment to attack I pull out my knife and run at it lodging the knife into its head. I make sure it's dead before I run over to Lexa as fast as I can.

"Oh my god Lexa are you ok?!" I say worriedly

"Yeah we need to find somewhere to rest for the night because we are to far from tondc to make it back before dark and we should bring the pauna with us." Lexa goes to stand up and winces in pain.

"Ok nope your not walking" Lexa stares into my eyes.

"Let me get something to help you and maybe I'll let you walk." Lexa nods and I search the woods looking for something to help her. I find a two strong tall sticks. These could work a crutches. I Make my way back to Lexa. I glance around at my surroundings and I notice a cave I mentally note to remember exactly where it is. K get back to Lexa and she winces again still trying to get up.

"Lexa stop ok let me help." Lexa nods and I help her stand she winces in pain again. I hand her the crutches.

"I found a cave not far from here we can sleep there tonight" Lexa nods and I show her how to use the crutches. We get to the cave and it's almost dark out. I help Lexa sit against a rock then start working on making a small fire to keep us warm. Once I'm done I sit next to Lexa and put my head on her shoulder. After a few minutes of comfortable silence Lexa speaks.

"Thank you Clarke" I turn my head to look at her.

"You have nothing to thank me for. " I try my best to keep eye contact but my eyes drift to her lips.

"We should sleep." Lexa says looking away. I move my head off of her shoulder and I take off my jacket to use it as a pillow. Lexa lays down a few feet away.

Even thought there is a fire it's still freezing. I turn over and look at Lexa she is shivering. I immediately move closer to her and wrap my arms around her she tenses then relaxes into my touch. We both drift into s deep sleep.

A/N: look it's another update at 12 am I hope you liked this chapter. I honestly have no idea why these chapters keep ending with something cute but they do 😂. How long do you think it will take before they kiss? What's going on with octaven? Are Raven and Octavia ok? How will this effect the fight against the mountain? Why did the pauna attack tondc?

Ight bitches go to sleep now ik you have school or work in the morning and I know most of you are probably reading this at like 3 am so go to sleep

Thank you so look much for almost 1.40k I love you all ❤❤