She's not the one for you

Natsuki's P.O.V.

And finally, the big day has come.

The 5 of us are arriving early today so we can set everything up for the festival.

Somewhere in my mind I have this image of me and Yuri walking to school together with the banners and cupcakes but of course that didn't happen.

After what happened, I guess things are a bit awkward between us. We didn't text each other for the rest of the weekend much less talked.

...

As I arrive I see Sayori already at 100%, bouncing around the room. Monika and Omiko are moving the desks and chairs. And there she is, the purple one hanging those banners we made together. Looks like I'm the last to arrive.

Should I go say hi? I don't know...

No, I should. I need to show her there's no reason for this awkward mood between us, maybe that way we can continue they we've been towards each other lately...

I-I mean, as a friend she's really nice.

"Morning you dummies at work!", I exclaim to make everyone notice me, trying to put on my best face. "Natsuki!", Sayori, as expected, tackles me into a bearhug worth of a pro wrestler.

"Good morning Natsuki", Monika replies with a smile. "Good morning, senpai", Omiko greets me the same way as I keep trying to escape Sayori's grip.

And without saying anything, Yuri simply looks at me for a moment before quickly adverting my gaze and turn around to continue her work.

I mentally sigh and finally free from Sayori's hold, I make my way to the purple haired girl.

"Morning purple dummy", I say now behind her, putting on my best grin despite the awkwardness still strong. "G-Good morning, Natsuki" , Yuri says as she shyly turns around and starts fiddling with her hair.

Shit now what.

What should I say now?

...

"Umm do you need help with that?", I ask scratching the back of my head and pointing at the banners next to her. "I-I... I think I'm okay, thank you", Yuri replies shyly hiding her face with her long purple hair.

Well, that's that. I should just go do my-

"B-But if you need help with the cupcakes I-I could...", Suddenly Yuri speaks again breaking me out of my thoughts. "Y-Yeah! I actually need a hand I guess!", I exclaim, not really thinking about it.

Shit, now I feel my cheeks getting hot and most likely a light red. I feel a bit excited now, my stomach is all tin-

No, wait. No.

This... Isn't right...

"Okay everyone! I need you all to pay attention, we need to discuss something", Monika suddenly says as we almost unconsciously turn our attention to her, now standing in the teacher's podium.

"As you know the festival will begin around 10 and ends around 5, as a club we need to be here for when people come by and check out the club and try to convince them to join and all of that. We have a bunch of activities planned so we'll have a lot to do", Monika pauses a bit.