Chapter seven : Rest

The sun had just began to set as Rick stepped out of his and Carls room. They had set up in room twenty. He finally getting Carl settled down and asleep after over an hour. Everyone else settled into their rooms as Rick stood out on the upper level balcony looking out into the darkness. He had volunteered to take the first watch.

He let out a heavy sigh as he leaned onto the railing,his hair falling into his face as he tried to get his mind off of Andrea. It was clear that she wasn't /interested/ anymore. Guess that kiss didn't mean a damn thing to her. But it meant everything to him. And it just wasn't going to he easy to forget.

The opening and shutting of a door caused him to snap his head up. He just sighed, chuckling dryly as he saw Andrea walking towards him. Her rifle slung over her shoulder.

"It's just you." he said softly before turning his head back.

"Yeah just me. " Andrea spoke softly, moving to stand beside him. Mimicking his body stature. Her tone was soft but not exactly friendly, more tired than anything else.

Rick sighed heavily hanging his head now.

"Andrea what did I do? " he asked softly, not wanting to speak too loudly in case walkers were nearby, hidden in the trees.

A few seconds of silence passed before Andrea spoke.

"It's not you Grimes... it's... Me... " she sighed now as she averted her eyes down.

"I... I can't get Dale out of my head... But... " she paused chewing on her lower lip now.

"But what? " Rick asked curiosly, raising an eyebrow as he turned his body towards her some.

Andrea slowy lifted her head, her soft blue eyes meeting his.

"But... I think...I'm. Falling in love with you Grimes... Ever since... We found everyone... You've... You're different but a good different.. " she said in a ramble, her freckled cheeks flushing some in embarrassment.

A small smile began growing on ricks lips, he letting out a soft sigh of relief after hearing her words.

"Damn.. I thought you.. You hated me or something like that now... "

She just let out a soft laugh at him, her eyes lighting up, her scar stretching as her lips curled.

"Rick I don't think I could ever hate you. " she said softly to him.

Those words were all rick needed to hear, he took a leap of faith as he brought his hand up to caress her scar. Rubbing his thumb slowly over the jagged pink skin. That caused her to smile even more. Seeing her smile made him smile. No matter what was going on, she could bring the better out in him.

Now he slowly leaned in, thankful when she began doing the same. Leaning in towards him with soft eyes, but those eyes also showed the passion she had for life. And for him. 

A small grin tugged on Rick's lips just as he pressed his to hers softly. Carefully brushing his lips over hers as to not push the boundaries that were in place.

He was soon shocked when Andrea wrapped her slender arms around his neck. She smelled like vanilla. She must have found some soap and took a shower in her room.

When their lips met fully finally, he knew she wouldn't be able to deny the sparks they felt during that delicate moment.

His hand slowly moving around to entangle in her hair, he feeling her push her chest against his. That send a chill down his spine. God he hadn't felt that much...happiness... Energy.. Arousal in a long time.

"Rick... " Andrea broke the kiss slowly, her cheeks bright red as she bore a hole into him.

"I... Uh... " Rick stuttered awkwardly, his cheeks turning an even brighter shade of red. He slowly pulling his waist back some.

"Guess... Someone is happy.. " she said softly, moving a hand to caress over his stubble.

Rick just nodded slowly, utterly embarrassed that he couldn't control his thoughts.

She just smile lightly, backing up some now. "I'll... See you later... Goodnight Rick.." she then turned, walking back to her room with a small smile on her face.

Rick just stood at the railing, his cheeks so red from embarrassment but a small grin on his lips. Happy she kissed him back. Happy she was truthful with him. Happy she said she was falling in love with him.

"See you later... Goodnight..." he said softly watching her walk off. Maybe now things would be peaceful for awhile.

Will You Save Me?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें