Illness

I sat next to Luke and was shocked by what I had told him about Jack.

        "He did that while you were asleep?" Luke gasped.

        I nodded,"Yup, crazy isn't it? So, what do you think the school will do if you don't show up?"

        "The cops will handle all of that." Luke trapped his fingers in the green grass in our new backyard.

        "I am going to get hamburgers. Want to tag along?" Jake asked while putting on a fresh new pair of sneakers my father had bought him.

        I pushed Luke and ran with Jake. Luke laughed and catched up. Jake didn't know how to drive yet and we had to walk to the burger place.

        "How do you know where we are going?" Luke tilted his head.

        "I saw the burger place before we got here. We passed by it a couple of times and I managed to remember which street lights to cross. Hold my hand." Jake grabbed both of our hands while crossing the first cross walk.

        "Do you remember what the fast food restraunt is called?" I skipped around.

        "Burger shot I believe. Ah, there it is." Jake pointed and sure enough he got the name right.

        We crossed the road and walked inside the restraunt.

        "Okay so it's, me, you, Luke, dad, and mom. So, 5 bacon chesseburgers with a combo." Jake counted with his fingers with one hand while taking his wallet out with the other.

        "Hi how may I help you?" A brunnette walked to the cash register and her name tag said Jessica.

        "Hey Jessica, I would like 5 bacon cheeseburgers with a combo." Jake ordered.

        While Jake was ordering, Luke and I looked out the window. We saw a red car cross a red light and crashed into another car.

        "Car crash!" Luke yelled.

        "Please hold sir! Hand me the phone!" I can hear Jessica panicking while dialing 911.

        I have never seen a car crash with my own eyes. I mostly see them on the news and police investagating how this all happened.

        "Breath Crystal." Luke breathed with me as I couldn't hold myself from panicking.

        I calmed down a bit and the ambulance arrived in time. The red car was on top of the other car and sadly, the bottom driver died. It was a woman around the age 20. She got carried away and so did the man in the red car. He seemed to have a broken rib and arm. I can hear everything coming from the outside.

        "I am sorry about that sir. Here is your order." Jessica handed Jake the order, but Jake looked paralyzed.

        I waved my hands in front of Jake,"Jake, we need to get home. Let's go."

        "Right, I am sorry. Goodbye Jessica. I have to admit, you are quite beautfiul." I tugged Jake while he was flirting.

        Jessica blushed and waved goodbye. The whole street lane was closed the only way to get home was the long way which was going all around the block. Great, you know how lazy I am? The fact I fall asleep early too.

        "Great, we should just go through the alley." Luke suggested.

        "I guess we could, but stay close to me and don't fall behind." We all crossed the middle of the street and entered a dark alley.