Getting Ready For Engagement

Rajiv’s POV

Its been 2 days since I went home.. I’m staying in a resort beach side and drinking continuously till I pass out.. This is my routine for past 2 days. I know what I’m doing is not good for health. What to do I couldn’t face the reality. I’m going to get engaged this weekend, to whom I don’t have any feelings. The girl for whom I have a liking is going to engaged on the same day to my brother.

I had told I’m out of city for a business meeting at my home.. My mom’s disappointment is clear in her voice.

Next day I got call from my house Landline number of our house, I answered to get another shocking news as my mom fainted during morning Pooja.

I immediately started from the resort to home which is a 1 hour drive.

As soon as I reached home, I was stunned to see the preparation going on. I was confused, so I went in search of my mom but couldn’t find her in the room. The maid who called me in the morning ran away from me once he saw me. Now something is fishy.

Whole house is decorated and can see few relatives here and there. I jus greeted whoever come in my vision..  But I couldn’t find any of our family member.. By the look of my relatives I conclude either they don’t know about mom’s condition or mom is pretending to get me home soon..

Anyways I increased my pace and found my mom in my room itself with dad and few other workers working inside my closet.

I called my mom, she hugged me with face full of joy. I asked her “mom are u OK, but I got a call that u fainted”
She smiled “ I’m alright Rajiv, after seeing “

I narrowed my eyes “ mom never tell lie about your health please”

“see Prakash my son is sharp jus like me” she said to dad

I glared and was going out of my room. But she pulled my arms and made me sit in the bed.

Then gave me food, but I didn’t open my mouth. But her pleading eyes made me to eat whatever she give.

Rajiv, you look pale like you didn’t eat and sleep properly. Now u need a girl to look after you that too very soon. So we preponed your engagement for tomorrow.

I was shocked, mom what are you saying, tomorrow I’m not ready and moreover you can’t decide without my consent, I shouted but regretted immediately after her face become dull.

Im sorry mom I didn’t mean to shout at you. I’m not ready mentally for this. So Vijay’s engagement also tomorrow? I asked the question which is around my mind all the time.

Yes dear, actually according to Vijay’s horoscope tomorrow is the best day for getting engaged and for u also it is best, so I consulted both brides parents and confirmed with them too..

So both engagement will take place in our home with close friends and relatives. I have already invited all your close friends as you yourself not answering our phone properly.

Anyways you were going to engaged to Rekha after 5days then why not tomorrow. Sweet girl she was asking all your likes in food and was learning the same from her mom.

Yesterday also she sent the picture of your favourite chicken Biryani which was prepared by her.

That time workers came out of my closer, I was clueless, so mom said they are here to make extra space for Rekha. I jus rolled my eyes.

OK then we are going to Vijay’s room to prepare wardrobe for his bride too…

Now this I can’t take it, so I jus nodded my head and went out. While going out I saw Vijay talking love talks. I feel like to pull the mobile from his hand and break it. But I jus ignored him and climbing down the stairs, he came running behind me calling my name.

I had to stop and gave a fake smile to him. Seriously this is not my character I should have been happy for my little bro but here I’m feeling jealous.
I should stop this before it break our bond.

He asked why bro u didn’t talk to me regarding my proposal, are you not happy for me. Im guilty how can I say this to him.

So I shook my head and said no Vijay actually I’m confused about this total engagement drama. Mom is not ready to hear my explanation, moreover I don’t want to pressurize her.

He said you do whatever u feel like to do, don’t sacrifice your likes for others. Don’t think about my engagement, jus decide whatever u think its right for you.

I nodded, and hugged him tightly. I’m elder to him but he is behaving like the one.

Im very happy for you Vijay, you got your love in your life. Congratulations bro..

He hugged me back and said decide soon and let me know your decision.
I nodded and went to terrace to have some time alone as my mom prohibited to go out.

When I went to the terrace, I got reminded of my kiss with Nivi. How good she was in my arms.

Idiot tomorrow you are going to get engaged and she also with Vijay. What are you thinking is not good scolded my mind.

I sat in the swing and was thinking what to decide. I don’t have any feelings for Rekha. But I can give it a try for mom. Plus if I stop the engagement now it will affect vijay’s too.. Then Nivi family also feel bad, then Kavi anni ansmd sanjay also feel bad. Then why not try this alliance than rejecting it which will affect my closed ones.

Yes it’s better so that I’ll stop my growing feelings for Nivi.

So I decided to proceed with this engagement and the remaining may happen accordingly..

***********