Car Journey

RAJIV’s POV

I froze and i couldn’t feel anything.  Vijay’s hug brought me back to present.  I couldn’t ask the question to him now.  This is not the correct time and place.  So I smiled and congratulated Divya and gave hug to Vijay. 

He congratulated me but my eyes and thinking was fully on Nivi now..,

How I wish to reverse Everything and Nivi to stand in the place of Rekha.  But now everything changed and I cant reverse it.  That’s it.  I sighed heavily when I didn’t receive even a single glance from Nivi.

Soon my friends came and congratulated me. Everyone was happy for me except Aadhi who knows my feeling for Nivi.  He also know now that she is not Vijay’s Bride but now im engaged.

Soon after dinner everyone left..  so I was free from everyone especially  Rekha.  I was Gazing at my engagement ring but with no emotions.  I don’t know,  I thought once I engaged and seeing Vijay and Nivi get engaged,  I will get used to it and can stop my growing feelings for her..  but Now everything reversed. 
Now thinking  about Rekha,  she is so irritating and always clinging to me.  But I cant break this alliance because of mom as I know she don’t like to hurt girls  And especially Rekha’s dad.  He is very close to my mom like a brother she doesn’t have.  They are close from her childhood.

So I cant do anything that hurt my mom.  Its good to make myself ready for the marriage which is going to happen in a month time.  As I have to leave to Dubai as business there need my attention.

With these thought I called for the night.

NIVI’S POV

Engagement went well..  throughout the evening I was with Vijay and Divya.

Still I can feel his gaze over me..  I mean Rajiv’s..  now what he wants..  he is getting engaged and his fiancee is Standing right next to him clinging. 

But I can feel he is not happy with Rekha..  but who im to interfere in his life.

Its better I stay away from his matters.

Marriage is in a month time.  My exams will be over by that time and Kavi has called me for shopping..  she was little sad as I didn’t become a part of her family.  But I said her its all for good.. 

Next week fully I have internals.  After that I will join them for shopping.

Today,  Kavi’s family is going for shopping wedding saree for both the brides.

Aunty has invited me and amma.  As amma is going for a relative marriage,  I alone joined them as my exams also got over..  We are going for Kanchivaram for silk saree.  I got a personal invite from Vijay and Divya. 

Other than we ladies only Vijay is accompanying us. Uncle and Sanjay mama is busy in work..  I know it’s a lie as they hate shopping especially with aunty and Kavi 😃.. 

As I reached their home,  everyone was busy so I went and play with Varun.

In few minutes we started,  aunty, Kavi and two more relatives from aunty side in car. Varun was with me and was showing no interest to go to his mother. So i said let him be with me.

As there is no space I said to her I will join in Vijay’s car. When I went there his car is also full with Vijay in driver seat, Divya in passenger seat and her mom and relative in back seat.

He was going to ask one of the relative to join in other car with things but I felt that wont look good. So I said him no need. I said i will join in that car woth things.

Vijay said with Varun atleast one of us should be with you to handle him. Wait for a minute he said.

He called someone and I was waiting with him for the arrangement he made. In few minutes Rajiv came,  vijay asked him to get me with him in the car as other 2 car is full. I was seeing Vijay like did he gone mad,  how can I accompany him. Before I could protest,  Rajiv said ok and went to the car.

Now I don’t have any reason to tell Vijay other than to follow him.
I asked Vijay why Rekha’s family is not joining us. He said they will come directly to Kanchivaram.

I said ok and went to the car. Rajiv was sitting in the driver seat. I went and opened the back door..

“im not the driver” he said

How rude!!!!

Ok yes,  it will look like that if I sit in the back seat with no one in the passenger seat. With no choice I settled in passenger seat with Varun in my lap.

Varun was too eager for this journey as once i settled in the seat he hopped on Rajiv and gave him a kiss..

Rajiv was happy with his gesture and said " so champ lets start the car" and gave him a hi-fi.

With this we started the journey.

It will take nearly 2 hours to reach I don’t know how I will spend alone with him in this car. Thank god Varun was with me,  otherwise it will be too awkward..

God.. please let this journey be peaceful!!!