1

Hachiro shook his head. He does not agree with me leaving the Cavern to do some jobs for the other Bes Groups. It is high time I leave the Cavern but Hachiro does not permit me. He says I am too valuable to be traded for anything else. A medic with combat skills, particularly female, I guess I am an exception. But I have to get away from Aalam Earhart.

I am Charlotte Bronte. I am a Bes of the breed of Katanga. I am physically not as strong as the Africans, but I am not much less either. I am the Group's doctor, but they call me the Vet, because I treat humans who can turn into lions. Hachiro is the one who trained me when I realized I needed combat skills along with my medical ones to survive.

Aalam Earhart is the financial adviser of the Group along with being an occasional trainer for the juvenile soldiers. He is of the breed of Africans just like his uncle and cousin. With a height of 6'1, he is said to be the fairest of all in the Earhart family. He has dark brown hair which looks nearly black if not paid attention, black expressive eyes and a calm, relaxing smile.

Aalam is six years younger than me. I never thought he has explicit feelings for me and even if he does, he will express it. But he did, just yesterday. Though I crave sexual touches for a long time now, I cannot let Aalam scratch my itch. To Aalam, it is not just about sex. He wants something way more and if I let him in a little, he will sure try to take over. So, I have to leave.

The Apollons become far more dangerous by days. Right now, I have a duty to fulfill. Many of the Beses fight with the Cursors, the warrior Apollons, come back to the Cavern injured and I treat them. Many other Beses get injured across the country and I want to help them too. Maybe Hachiro cannot find a better medic than me but he will find someone who can do the job. I cannot fight within myself and do my job at the same time. So, I really need to leave.