7 (The End)

Eight days later......

"Do you regret it?" Aalam asks, doubt evident in his voice.

"No, I don't regret it. I regret that I did not accept it sooner," I try to reassure him.

"I can't help but think that you did it because life's so uncertain now."

"The Apollons and the assumed upcoming war has nothing to do with this."

"I don't want to be just a last resort to you. I want to be everything including that."

"I adore you. I did even when you're a teenager. I was just afraid of myself and the relationship."

"I understand Charlotte. But a guy has his insecurities."

"I'm proud to be your mate. I even agreed to carry your last name, you don't want it."

"What should be our next topic?"

"You want me to tell?"

"Tell," he placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"How about I tell you what I want to do to you right now?" I suggest in a seducing voice.

"Let me guess, maybe this," he roles me over and gets on top of me and kisses my mind out.

"I think I'll bind you to the bedpost. I seriously don't like being pounced on like this."

"Ask me to stay still nicely and I might obey. On second thought, I'll let you put on a handcuff."

"The last time I tried to give you an oral sex, you hauled me up and did not let me get up till morning."

"I like tasting you lips more and I also like your taste down there. It pleases me much more."

Aalam thrust his hand into my hair, his gaze gone that startling lion-gold. He leans down, taking my mouth in a ravaging kiss. I place heartfelt kisses on his jaws and nibble down his neck. He growls low in his throat. I return it with a softer, sated growl of my own. He holds still as I kiss his chest and lick close to his nipple and bite hard.

Shifting to accommodate me when I tangled my legs with his, Aalam played his fingers through my hair. He makes me feel so adored that it makes me forget I am older than him. He makes me feel like a grown teenager sometimes. I adore him too, all his playful boyishness and utter focus on his works. No wonder he is the juveniles' favorite trainer because he can teach them and play with them at the same time.

Something rises in the horizon. We hope to come out of this alive and without losing our loved ones. So many soldiers train, their lovers encourage them, their mothers pray, their babies wait for them to come home staying up late at night, all these have to be paid. The Apollons do not even think of their own blood. But there are exceptions and I really hope they are not caught in this crossfire. I do not want anymore dying bodies in any of us doctors' arms.