6

Four days later......

"What're you saying Naara?" Aaryan asked at last.

"You heard me perfectly well. An alliance with the Bes Group," Naara replies.

"Just because you're a member of the Assembly doesn't mean we'll be influenced to take up the offer."

"I'm not influencing you. I seek something from you and in return you'll get Apollon strengths."

"What do the hybrids gain? Some knowledge and money."

"All the Apollons under me will come to your aid with their psychic strengths."

"You're doing this for your son."

"No, I'm doing it solely for me."

Aaryan moved a little in his chair. Being an Apollon, he cannot help being intimidated by Naara. The Apollons plan to take down the Beses because we are the frontline defenders for all the hybrids. If they take us down, they will get easier access to all the other hybrids and use them as lab animals and many other stuffs. We did not know that the members of the Assembly are in serious fight with each other.

"What about Kaamil Kabecka? He planned to capture back your son," I ask out of curiosity.

"Kaamil is highly unpredictable and may, in the end, double-cross everyone, but he doesn't stay on sinking ships, either," Naara says.

"I don't want any more Beses' blood on my hands. If one single innocent die, I'll come after you."

"My proposals cover that part of your demand Miss Bronte. I'll ask one of my medics to come to you."

"Apollons are pretty selfish creatures. How'll we know you won't leave us in midfield?"

"We follow the Blackout. I don't have a single record of breaking any of the rules."

"I think Hachiro can talk to Kaamil directly. In the meantime, you've to send over the medic."

I leave the meeting room knowing I am not needed anymore. Aalam comes from the other end of the corridor and holds my hands. I am slightly shaken because of rage and the false confidence I put up. Aalam hugs me tightly and holds me until I relax. Then he swiftly picks me up and takes me to his room. I get a little excited as to what may happen next. He puts me down on the couch and kneels down to take off my shoes, gently massaging my feet after taking them off. Then he places a soft kiss on each of them.

I look at him and my doubt clears. He is able to take my responsibilities and can take care of me. It is not just about physical pleasures but also the comforts our bodies have to offer to each other. He looks up and smiles, I smile in return. He takes off my jacket and massages my neck. I lean on him all relaxed and sleepy. He again picks me up and lays me down on his bed. I cannot help but notice that he gives me the softer pillow while he takes a cushion and lies besides, spoons and nuzzles in my neck as I fall asleep.