Chapter 41: Lost

Exactly one day had passed ever since Aisha left the boys' dorm, and Chan hadn't heard of her ever since

He tried texting her, but she never replied. Sighing, he looked at his phone again, seeing the messenger filled with his messages only.

Me:

Morning babygirl

My arms already miss holding you <3

Replyyyy I'm waiting

Hey

Did I do smth wrong?

It's been six hours

I hope you aren't struggling with anything

Are you there?

Aisha?

"Where is she?" Chan breathed out, looking in vain at his laptop. She hadn't read single message, and I was beginning to scare him. He had stopped texting her a few hours ago and had spammed her with over twenty calls. Yet, no reply from her end.

What if something bad had happened to her, and he had no idea? What if she had been kidnapped? What if toxic fans had stalked her down? What if she was in an accident and-

He stopped himself there. That can't happen. That just cannot happen, right?

But he didn't really know, did he?

"Is she still not speaking to you?" Jisung asked in concern, and Chan dismissively nodded, extremely perplexed.

What exactly was happening?

"Should I go to her place?" Chan asked for advice.

"I would say that it's rather obsessive for you to go and meet her already, but it's suspicious as to why she isn't answering your calls. I think you should check up on her," Seungmin spoke.

"That's it, I'm going to her place," Chan abruptly stood up, grabbing his mask, phone, and his wallet, and started to walk out of the practice room, where he had been sitting with the other members, and Changbin offered, "I can come with you."

"No, it's fine. I'll go by myself," Chan solemnly spoke, giving Changbin a tight smile, and walked out.

Fast forward to a few minutes, and he was standing at the gate of the apartment complex Aisha resided in, and he inhaled and exhaled.

Having thought of her safety all throughout the car ride to her place, he had grown uncharacteristically impatient, and just wanted to see her alright; safe and sound. He didn't know what to expect from what was going to happen, and he was only hoping that she was okay. Millions of negative thoughts rushed past his head, and he tried his best to brush them away, but the question about her safety remained.

He climbed the stairs to her apartment and knocked on her door.

No answer.

"Aisha?" he called for her, yet, there was no response.

"Aisha? Are you in there?" he knocked harder.

He stepped back when he didn't get any response, and prayed he was going to do a sane thing when he rushed towards the door in fury, breaking it open.

"Aisha? Are you in here?" he yelled, walking from the dining hall to the lobby. In the path, he saw splashed of paints on the ground, and peeking in the first room on the left side of the lobby, he saw torn canvas pages inside through the little sliver of the room the half-open door was providing.

He stepped into the room, and his gaze fell on her. And he froze right in his tracks.

There she was, lying unconscious on the ground.

Next chapter:

"We'll find a way out, I promise."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

(a/n: I bet y'all weren't ready for this)