Chapter 52: Joker And Harley Quinn

"I can't thank you enough for today," Aisha spoke through her mask to Chan, who was also wearing a mask

"I can't thank you enough for today," Aisha spoke through her mask to Chan, who was also wearing a mask. They were walking hand-in-hand on the street, casually strolling their way to Aisha's place. Although they couldn't risk getting recognized, they decided to take a walk to her place to drop her off.

"You don't need to thank me," he spoke, probably smiling, judging by the eye-smile he showed.

"But if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have fixed my relationship with my parents," she reasoned.

"I only initiated it. You're the one who made it happen," Chan said.

"Even though things aren't exactly normal with me and my parents, I'm glad that we're on talking terms."

"I'm happy to know that!" he spoke, and she could picture his smile clearly.

"Well, what next?" she spoke after a brief moment of comfortable silence.

"You have another exhibition planned, and as for me, our comeback is very soon. I might have to color my hair too," he chuckled.

"Color it green and I'll color my hair blue and pink. Then we'll be the Joker and Harley Quinn," she joked, laughing along with Chan.

"Uh-huh? You wanna be 'daddy's little monster'?" he winked at her, and she nervously laughed, not knowing how to not be flustered.

"I'm fine with being your babygirl," she winked back, and Chan was glad that he was wearing a mask to hide his blush. Seriously, two shy people who loved to tease each other would always end up either blushing or... you never know.

"Well, I heard your birthday's coming up," Aisha acted nonchalant, but inwardly, she wanted to jump on him and crush him with her hugs because a man like Chan deserved all the love.

"Oh, right," he checked his phone and saw the date, "It's tomorrow."

"What's that reaction? Aren't you excited about your birthday?" she questioned.

"Why would I be? It's not that big a day," he honestly spoke.

She paused walking, and he looked at her, laughing.

"What?" he laughed.

"Bang Christopher Chan," she inhaled, "You are a gift to humanity."

"That's an exaggeration," Chan said, getting shy again.

"No, that's a fact!"

"I don't believe it!"

By now, they had reached the apartment complex, and standing at the door of the complex, she lowered her voice and ranted, "Chan, you might not realize it, but you've saved so many people. You and your music have been an inspiration to many. I don't want to get all cheesy, but I'm gonna speak the truth. You've inspired me to become a better person, and I'm so grateful that I'm with you. You're the best, Chan, and please know that!"

Chan was left speechless, and he malfunctioned when she ended her little speech, "Eek! I..."

Aisha laughed at his cute behavior, "Are you broken?"

"Thank you!" he spoke, hugging her, and she wrapped her arms around his as well, hugging him back.

Once they parted, Aisha removed her mask, and so did he, and she crossed her arms over her chest, not moving.

"I can't even get a goodbye kiss?" he raised his brow, and she did the same.

"Nah," she retorted.

"I'm not going away until I get a kiss, babygirl," he stated firmly.

"You're really that adamant, aren't you?" she giggled.

"Test me," he spoke, smirking.

"In public? I bet you won't be able to handle it," Aisha confidently spoke, but all her confidence went down the drain when he stepped towards her, making her feel small in his dominant gaze.

"Try me, babygirl," he whispered to her, and she gulped. This made Chan even more amused.

"I'll just..." she cowered and stepped forward to place a hasty kiss on his lips.

"Mm, not satisfied," he played.

Aisha chuckled and pressed her lips on his, and he kissed back for a few seconds, before they heard footsteps approaching them, so they parted and hastily put their masks back on.

"It's just evening, can you stay?" she asked.

"I'm sorry but there's this comeback coming up and I have to work for it," he gave her a sad smile, and she understandingly nodded, bidding him adieu as he walked out of the complex.

She already missed him.

Next chapter:

"Guys-" Chan started.

"I CAN DIE IN PEACE NOW!" Hyunjin acted out dying, sinking to the floor in his act.

Chan looked back at Aisha, who was laughing at the scene, a hint of crimson on her cheeks, making her look adorable. She felt his eyes on her, and she looked at him.

(a/n: this was the second-last chapter, by the way)