Chapter 48: Stolen Phone

"Rejected again," Aisha sipped her coffee, staring at the laptop's screen which displayed all the mails she had received as a result of her submission for an exhibition of her paintings in different art galleries

"Rejected..." She sighed, deleting the mail and moving onto the next one.

Her phone buzzed, and she checked the caller ID which showed Chan's name.

"Hello?" she spoke once she picked up the call.

There was buzzing on the other end, and suddenly, Hyunjin's voice came,

"How you doin'?"

---

"How you doin'?"

"Hyunjin, give me my phone back!" Chan chased after him as the younger ran across the living room, Chan's phone in his hands.

"Huh?" Aisha's confused voice sounded from the other end.

"Catch Channie!" Minho instructed, and his armed men – also known as Changbin and Jeongin – ran after Chan. Jisung and Felix caught up to Hyunjin, and Felix seized the phone from Hyunjin and yelled into the phone, "AISHA! I HOPE YOUR DAY'S GOING GREAT!"

"I guess?" they heard her chuckle awkwardly, since she couldn't understand what on earth was going on.

From the corner, Seungmin watched the scene and sighed, sipping his tea.

Changbin and Jeongin caught up to Chan and restrained him from running after the three 00' liners who had his phone.

How? They tackled him down to the ground in a big bear hug.

"Ahh! Hang up the phone, Aisha!" Chan yelled from the ground.

Hyunjin seal-clapped, "Look who's being dramatic now!"

"Well, these are the side-effects of living with Hyunjin," Changbin remarked.

"My head hurts," Felix did his killing-part from their song, and didn't realize he was still on call when Aisha spoke, "Dude, the voice you have is amazing!"

Felix covered the speaker of the phone with his hand and announced, "AISHA LIKES MY VOICE!"

Hyunjin squealed, and Jisung spoke, "What an amazing future-sister-in-law!"

"Wait,wha-" Chan began, but Jeongin cut him off, "He's right, and don't even try to fight us!"

Jisung grabbed the phone and spoke to Aisha, "Hey, you know what? When he came back from your place yesterday, he was all smiley and mushy. What did you guys do?"

"Eh-"

"What kind of question is that?!" Chan whined.

"Guys, leave him or he won't give you lines in the next song," Aisha smartly replied, and Jisung fell silent.

"What did she say?" Hyunjin whispered to him, and Jisung whispered back the sentence Aisha had used to Felix and Hyunjin.

The three turned to Chan, who was pinned to the floor, and immediately dashed to him to give him his phone back.

"What happened?" Minho questioned skeptically.

"Aisha is actually smarter than you," Felix commented, pulling Changbin and Jeongin along with Minho out of the living room.

"Well, the tea was hot today," Seungmin commented, walking out of the living room as well.

Chan couldn't believe his eyes – what did she say that made the boys silently return his phone?

"Hello?"

---

"Hello?"

Aisha laughed upon hearing his voice, having pictured the scenario at his place.

"Hi," she spoke between her fits of laughter.

"What did you say to them?"

"It's better off without you knowing that."

"Really?"

"Yes, yes," she said, and turned her eyes to the laptop, sighing upon reading another rejection mail.

"Any progress? Chan asked.

"No, it's just reject-" Aisha paused when she saw something on the screen.

It was an acceptance letter.

"CHAN!" she screamed in joy.

"What happened?" he asked, concerned.

A tear slipped from her eyes when she said, "It's an acceptance mail."

"Wait..."

"I'm getting an exhibition!"

Next chapter:

Me:

I'm SO NOT READY AHHHHHHH

Like I've been waiting for this moment for years

And it's finally here but it feels unreal

I'm nervous and excited at the same time

Chan:

I feel you

(a/n: There are like 5-6 chapters left in this story, so keep on reading and sharing this book!)