Just Tonight : Part 8

(Reginas POV)
"What?" She asked shocked not knowing what else to say to the blonde with hopeful eyes "Hear me out ok?I know it's sudden but if my mother's death teaches us anything it's that life is too short we should grab hold of it with both hands and do what feels right" she still couldn't believe Emma has asked her this question "Emma look I know you're in shock and that's understandable of course but a marriage proposal at a hospital parking lot and on the day you lose your mother and I lose my best friend is not something I would like to say yes to I would forever have that in my memory so can I just say no for now?" She asked not liking the crushed look in Emma's eyes and she held out her hand for Emma who took it thankfully and they made their way inside not one word spoken between them. Regina knew Emma and her feelings that she wouldn't just let this go and leave Regina to ponder her question but for now she knew not to talk as they neared the room where Mary lay with David just standing holding her lifeless hand just sobbing not even paying attention to his daughter entering the room. "I can't do this Regina" Emma said backing away from the room "Emma I know this is hard but il be right by your side ok?" Regina tried to help Emma while it broke her heart that her best friend lay dead she had to be strong for Emma and David "Promise?" Emma asked her voice so low and broken she didn't bother looking at her father "I promise Emma it's me and you from now on ok just us and the kids ok" Emma hugged her and walked slowly over to the bed where her mother was looking so peaceful....

(Emma's POV)
"Emma I'm sorry" David spoke to her "Don't ok just......Don't" was all she said not looking up only looking at her mother" David let go and left the room Emma and Regina just stood side by side not speaking just looking at Mary tears in their eyes "This is all my fault I'm so sorry mom I wish I could take it back and it was me instead of you" Emma broke down Regina holding her "Emma it's not your fault ok it's that lunatic Lily's fault no one else's ok my love you can't do this she wouldn't want you to feel like this" she said holding Emma's face in her hands wiping the tears that had escaped Emma shook her head "no it is my fault if I just went with her in the first place none of this would of happened and I'd still have my mom but because I was so selfish I let this all happen it's my fault Regina!!" Emma shouted at Regina and got up and ran out the door she couldn't be here anymore the guilt was too much she could hear Regina calling but she just couldn't care right now she needed to go and be with her daughter she needed to get out of this town and away from all the bad shit that always happens when she's back here she should of stayed away........

(Reginas POV)
"I'm sorry Mary I wish I could turn back the clock and make it so you weren't laying there I need my best friend I can't do this all alone" she whispered as she sat holding Mary's hand in her own tears streaming down her face "Excuse me" she heard someone say and she wiped her eyes and turned to see the nurse "I'm sorry but we need to move the body to the morgue Madam Mayor" the woman spoke softly "The BODY happens to be my best friend show a bit of respect or il have your job" she screamed at the nurse how dare she say something like that to her "I'm sorry Madam Mayor" the woman shook as she tried to calm the Mayor "oh you will be now get out of here and get me another nurse I don't want you anywhere near her" Regina seethed "but Madam Mayor it's my job" "GET OUT!!!!!" Regina screamed again and fell to the chair beside her best friend and just sobbed she couldn't take it her best friend was gone now all she had was Henry she knew she had to go and pick him up but she couldn't leave just yet she didn't think she could move at all "Excuse me Madam Mayor?" She heats and turned around "I'm here to bring Mary to the morgue if you wouldn't mind mam it's my duty" she looked at him and he looked terrified "Um yes of course give me a moment" he nodded his head and went out of the room Regina looking at her friend once more then leaning down to kiss her forehead "I love you so much il always keep you in my heart my friend il never forget you and il take care of Emma too don't you worry you rest now love" with that she stood up and left not saying anything to anyone she needed to go home she couldn't have people see her being week she needed to just go home grab her son and curl up she made it as far as the car sat in and broke down she couldn't do this without her best friend she helped her with so much she was always there for her now what would she do? She asked herself she breathed a deep breath and then got an idea she needed to do as Mary had always told her she needed to be strong and follow her heart it's the only way she would truly be happy so she started up the car wiped her mascara from under her eyes and made a decision to finally for once go with her heart..................

Sorry it's been so long hope you like the update there will be another chapter soon