It'll Feel Better If You Kiss It - Sophie's POV

It was a delightful day until I witnessed an invasion of the Neverseen.

Or, just Alvar.

"Keefe, we have to take you away NOW," Alvar growled.

Keefe shook his head. I'm not quite sure Keefe knows if they're going to do something to him...

"Well, it can wait," Keefe told Alvar, waving him away.

"I'm serious, you're coming with me now, and your mother has something to do with it."

"I am NEVER going to fulfill that legacy! And plus, I don't want to be filling whatever she wants like a contract."

I gasped. Alvar focused in on me but then went back to Keefe.

"Run," Keefe said. "You have nothing to do with it, I want you to run before you get hurt."

Alvar launched at Keefe, and Keefe blocked him with his arms. But since Alvar is heavier than Keefe, Keefe toppled backwards and Alvar took out a knife.

Keefe recovered quickly, but Alvar kicked Keefe against a tree and they threw punches at each other.

Keefe was able to block most of them, but then Alvar sliced his lip open. He noticed someone else other than me here and leaped away.

"Coward," Keefe rasped. "Didn't even take me with him."

Blood seeped out of Keefe's lip. "Keefe, I'm going to need to seal that up, okay?"

"Oh my God," Fitz's voice did somewhere. "Who did this?"

"Alvar," I replied without looking at him.

Fitz was already running. "ALVARRRRRR!" he roared.

I didnt have the heart to tell him that Alvar leaped away already. "Keefe, I need to staunch this for now. What else do you need?"

"If you kiss it, it will feel better," he told me, growing limp.

I pursed my lips. I know what he's trying to do.

"Keefe, I'm serious—"

"And so am I, I'm serious, if you kiss it then it will feel better." He was about to pass out from his bruises and cuts and wounds.

I hesitated. I wiped away the blood. Then I kissed his bottom lip. This weird sensation passed through me when I did.

"Does it feel better?" I asked.

He gave me a weak smile. "Much better." Then he went limp, closing his eyes.