Say Yes - Keefe's POV

Now

Just a little closer and maybe this would finally end.

One last step.

One final task.

That he stumbled on and backed away from before he even read the question.

What was stopping him?

Why did he act before he thought?

Why did he even try?

He clutched the ring in his left hand, and threw it into the sea, his mind rewinding to all the times they had spent together before he tried.

"Close your eyes."

"Foster—"

"Keefe."

He sighed and closed his eyes, the snow falling lightly on his head.

He felt small, soft hands weave their fingers into his hair, he stepped back instinctively and into the table, "Hey hey hey! Not The Hair!"

Sophie took her hands out, "Sorry."

Keefe reached up and felt something in his hair. Like...leaves. He looked at Sophie. "What did you put in there?"

Sophie grinned and kissed his cheek. "Mistletoe."

Keefe's eyes shot open upon contact.

He was shocked when her lips touched his cheek, face burning red the moment he made eye contact with her.

Suddenly it was as hot as a sauna outside in the wintry cold.

Keefe grinned, "Nice trick Foster." He plucked the mistletoe out of his hair and threw it behind him as he stepped closer and kissed her cheek back.

She blushed, making Keefe smile. She was so adorable when she blushed.

Then he just randomly hugged her, feeling the moment in front of him. "Merry Christmas, Foster."

She hugged back, "Merry Christmas, Keefe."

She was crying on the staircase, something was wrong.

The moment he swept her into his arms made him feel a change of emotion from Sophie.

And himself.

That's the moment he realized his feelings for her were large. Too large that he didn't want to close them off to just himself, he wanted to tell someone.

But there were consequences to that, weren't there?

Then he heard it.

Her angelic laugh, like a flawless choir. Her hands wrapped around his forearms as he spun around, cheering her up with little squeaks of her saying his name.

Keefe smiled, her gold-flecked brown eyes glittering with tears.

Not sad ones.

But happy ones.

And he felt tears of his own in his eyes as she smiled at him.

After that was just...

Perfect.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

Sophie opened her eyes and laughed at the sight. "Keefe, you didn't have to—"