Chapter One

A/N: Hey guys! This fanfic is gonna be about Surrera (hence the title) but the other characters in Station 19, and a few from Greys, will be in it too. This first chapter is set a couple of hours before Station 19 meets their new captain. It will sort of follow the storyline of the show, but I will add my own twists as well.

Andy's pov
"Andy wake up," I heard someone mumbling, shaking my shoulder gently. Sleepily, I rolled over to face my husband.
"Morning," I said. He smiled at me, before kissing my forehead and pulling me in for a hug. "First day at your new job, are you excited?" I asked him.
"Very," he replied, "Are you sure you're okay with this?" I pulled away to look him in the eye.
"I've told you, I'm fine, I mean sure I wanted the job, but now I get to see you everyday," I smirked.

*A couple of hours later, on the way to the Station*

As we were driving, my husband grabbed my hand and pressed a soft kiss on it, like he always does in the car. I looked over and smiled at him. I was nervous, it was going to be hard to keep our secret, secrets, but it was necessary. Besides, who knows, it might even end up being fun, sneaking around and everything.

A couple of minutes passed and we pulled into the parking lot. "You ready," he asked. I nodded.
"Ready as I'll ever be." I leaned over to kiss him. "I love you," I said, "so much."
"I love you too," he replied. Then, I got out the car and walked into the station. We'd come early, so nobody else should be here yet. I turned around to wave to my husband, and then he pulled out of the parking lot.

*later, in the beanery*

I was leaning against the counter eating lucky charms out of the box, when I heard voices coming from downstairs. I checked the time and knew it would be the rest of A-shift arriving. Sure enough, the voices got louder, and a couple of seconds later they burst into the beanery, laughing at something. "Hey Andy," Maya said. After saying hi to everyone and sitting down, we started talking about the day ahead. Luckily, before the conversation got too awkward, Chief Ripley appeared. "Nineteen, I'd like you all to come downstairs and meet your new captain," he said, gesturing to the door. Looks like I wasn't going to get away without some sort of awkward conversation after all. Following him downstairs, we saw Travis, and all greeted him excitedly. He'd been off ever since the skyscraper accident, so we were glad to see him back on his feet. A few seconds later, my dad and Ripley came round the corner. "Nineteen, meet your new captain, Captain Robert Sullivan," they said. I held back a smile as I saw someone who I knew all too well walking around the corner. I knew he was nervous, so he probably wasn't going to make the best first impression, as he sometimes closes himself off when he's nervous, or scared, or upset. A bit like me really. My dad was about to introduce him to the team when Robert spoke up, "I'll do names later, I'm here because Chief Ripley saw a need at Station 19, an opportunity to shift a few things around, maybe give you guys a little, kick. I'd like to make every minute count, so let's get started." I hid my smile, knowing I couldn't show how  happy I was to see him. To keep up the act, I replied, " But the shift hasn't started yet, we usually begin the day getting breakfast upstairs"
Before I could finish I got cut off, "I will assign your drills, your chores, but first let's line up inside for uniform inspection." I sighed, I was right about him not making a great first impression, but I knew it wasn't his fault. He knew that the team wasn't going to like him at first, not after having my dad as their captain for so long, plus they didn't know him. I did. I knew how amazing he really was. He was kind, he was funny, he was caring, he would do anything for the people he loves. But now, he was putting on an act, he was acting strict and closed off. Because he had to. Because he really wanted things to work out at this station. And because we couldn't let the rest of the team find out that we knew each other, very well.