Chapter Nine

Maya's Pov
I was so scared. We had just got to the hospital after putting out the fire at the school, and Dr Kepner was about to update us on how Andy was. I knew that she had a lot of doctors working on her, I'd seen Dr Kepner, Dr Lincoln and Dr Sheperd come out of the trauma bay, and Dr Grey was supposedly ringing Andy's family. I'm guessing that would be her dad, because apart from him, we are the only family Andy has.
Dr Kepner came to update us, and she said that they needed permission from Andy's next of kin to take her into surgery. "Dr Grey said she was calling Andy's family, so Andy's dad will probably be here soon," I said, "But he will probably just tell you to do whatever it takes to save Andy." Dr Kepner looked confused, but I had no idea why. "What?" I asked her. She looked unsure of whether she should tell us whatever was on her mind or not.
"Um... It says here that Andy's next of kin is her husband, not her dad," she said. I was so confused. Husband? Surely Andy would of told us if she was married, right? We're like a family at 19, we tell each other everything. And me and Andy have been best friends for years.
"Husband? I didn't know Herrera was married," Ben stated.
"Neither did we," I said, still confused. Dr Kepner stood there, looking annoyed at herself for accidentally spilling Andy's secret. Me, Jack, Dean and Ben had no idea what had just happened, that much was evident by the looks on our faces. But for some reason, Vic and Travis only looked slightly confused, more like they knew something that we didn't. I was about to ask them what they knew when Dr Grey came around the corner and started talking to Dr Kepner,  not realising we were there.
"I called Herrera's dad and husband and I took Ev- Oh sorry guys I didn't see you there," she said, and then tried to pretend she had gotten Andy mixed up with another patient.
"Er Meredith," Dr Kepner said as she was trying to cover up what she had said, "They already know, I accidentally said something not knowing that her marriage was a secret." Then Dr Grey looked both relieved that she wasn't the one to out Andy's marriage, but also annoyed at Dr Kepner.
"So are you gonna tell us who our best friend is married to or will we have to wait until he shows up?" I asked, curious.
"I think it's best if you wait for Andy to tell you that herself after surgery. She is stable for now, but she will not wake up until after the surgery, which we still need permission from her husband to do," Dr Kepner explained. I nodded, and I saw the rest of the team doing the same thing. I really want to know who Andy's husband is, but I guess she was right, it's up to Andy whether or not she tells us. Unless of course the mystery husband shows up while we are still here.
We are sat in the waiting room, bored and tired. We are still on shift but there hasn't been any more calls yet. And to make things worse we don't even know if Andy is alright, or if she is in surgery or not yet. I was sat by Vic tapping my finger on my leg when I saw someone come in through the main door of the hospital. "Is that Sullivan ?" Dean asked, clearly having seen him too. I nodded.
"Captain," I said walking over to him.
"Bishop, where is she? Is she ok?" he asked, looking genuinely scared. I looked back at the others and they looked just as confused as I felt. Was he talking about Andy? I was surprised Captain Fire Grinch actually had feelings, it looked like he had been crying, and he looked really worried. Usually he was like a robot, he didn't care about anyone or anything. But why was he so worried about Andy? I get that she's one of the team, but he never really seemed to worry about any of us that much.
"Where the hell is A- Herrera where's Herrera?" he said, starting to get angry. Vic stepped forward and glanced at me.
"She's in the ICU waiting for permission for surgery, permission which by the way is needed from her husband who none of us even knew existed," she said. Sullivan was about to say something when Pruitt came through the doors.
"Robert where are they? Where's Andy? And Evelynn?" he said running over to the captain. I was officially even more confused than before, which I didn't think was possible. Andy's dad just called the captain by his first name. Andy is married to a mystery person. And there is someone called Evelynn. What is going on with this day?

A/N: I hope you are all enjoying it so far! I was wondering, for the next chapter, who's pov do you guys want it to be in? Maya, Vic, Travis, Jack, Dean or Ben? Tell me in the comments!