Chapter Ten

Jack's pov
To be honest, I was kind of jealous when I found out that Andy was married, but in a way it kind of made sense. I'd always liked her, but every time I asked her out she'd said no. Once, I even tried to kiss her, but she pushed me away and started yelling at me. And I guess that would be because she is married. I was also really confused. We were all stood in the waiting room, waiting for someone to say something. Captain Fire Grinch had just come in, and who would of guessed that he actually had feelings. And then Andy's dad came in and called him by his first name, which literally nobody ever does. To top it all off, Pruitt was asking about somebody called Evelynn, as well as Andy, and I had no idea who that was. Since nobody else was saying anything, I decided to.
"Do you two know each other?" I asked, looking at Sullivan and Pruitt. They glanced at each other, and I swear they looked nervous. But then Pruitt pulled himself together and nodded. "Family friends," he said, and Sullivan nodded. Maya looked up.
"Oh so I guess you probably already know that Herrera is married then," she muttered, and I could tell that she was upset that Andy hadn't told her.
"Um, yeah," Sullivan said tapping his foot nervously. After a few seconds of awkward silence, he continued, "I'm going to go and get an update on Andy." He started to walk towards the front desk, and Pruitt followed him.
"Er should we go too?" I asked the others. They shook their heads.
"Nah I say we give the family friends some time to theirselves," Vic snorted. We all laughed. The last person we had expected to know Andy's secret was our captain. But suddenly I realised something.
"That must be why Andy was defending Sullivan on his first day, because she already knew him," I said. The rest of the team looked like they were thinking, realising that what I said was true.
"Oh yeah, that makes a lot more sense now," Dean said. "Because what other reason would she have to defend Captain Fire Grinch." That earned a laugh off of everyone. But then I stopped laughing. One of our team, our family, was in hospital and we were here laughing. I know that Andy wouldn't want us to be miserable while we were waiting for news about her, but it still wasn't right. As everyone stopped laughing, Sullivan came back into the room.
"She's in surgery," he said, before walking straight past us, and sitting on the other side of the waiting room. Looks like he was back to being Captain Fire Grinch. But then I looked over to where he was sat and saw that I was wrong. He looked like he was fighting back tears, and it was clear that he didn't want anyone to see him like that. He didn't want us to see the other side of him, the side of him that actually cares. A few seconds later Pruitt followed him and put a hand on his shoulder. Then, something happened that none of us expected. The captain started crying, in front of us all. Like full on, genuinely scared and upset, crying.
"He must be really close to the Herrera's," Ben commented, and we all nodded in agreement.
*A couple of hours later*
Dr Grey had just come in to tell us that Andy was out of surgery, and that we could go wait in her room for her to wake up if we wanted to. Of course, we all did, including Sullivan.
We were all sat in her room waiting for her to wake up, in complete silence. None of us knew what to say, especially not with our captain in the room. Eventually, Andy opened her eyes, and a wave of relief washed over me. She was alright. She was alive. After we had all said how happy we were that she was alright, she looked up at Sullivan. Then, confusing all of us, they started having a conversation in Spanish.
"Me asustaste," he said.
"Lo siento."
"Está bien, siempre y cuando estés bien."
"Donde esta ella?"
"En la guardería del hospital. Ella está bien, solo preocupada por ti."
"Y cuanto saben ellos?"
"Saben que estás casado, pero no saben que estás casado conmigo."
"Crees que deberíamos decirles?"
"Creo que podríamos tener que hacerlo. ¿Quiero o debo?"
"Usted puede."
"Bueno, ¿deberíamos también hablarles de Evelynn?"
"Si te parece bien, porque me gustaría ver a mi hija."
"Si. Te quiero mucho."
"Yo también te quiero."
A/N: This is that conversation in English:
"You scared me," he said.
"I'm sorry."
"It's alright, as long as you are okay."
"Where is she?"
"In the hospital daycare. She is okay, just worried about you."
"How much do they know?"
"They know you are married, but they don't know that you are married to me."
"Should we tell them?"
"I think we might have to. Do you want to do it or should I?"
"You can."
"Okay, should we also tell them about Evelynn?"
"If that's okay with you, because I'd like to see my daughter."
"Yes. I love you so much."
"I love you too."

I had no idea what they had just said, and I could tell that the only other person in the room that did was Pruitt.
Sullivan turned to look at us all. "We have something we would like to tell you."