Chapter Four

*Two weeks later*

Robert's pov
I've been working at Station 19 for two weeks now, and so far Andy and I have managed to keep our marriage a secret. As long as I treat her the same as the others, nobody will suspect a thing. Sometimes that's hard though, for example when I can tell that she's upset, but I can't comfort her. I know it's hard for her too, the team don't like me, and it upsets her when they talk about me.

As my alarm went off, I got out of bed, being careful not to wake my wife. She leaves later than me (we have to go in separate cars) so I let her sleep a bit longer. I go downstairs and start to make us both a smoothie. I make myself some toast, as I know Andy will be eating at the Station. I head back upstairs with the smoothies and go into our bedroom. When I go in, she is still asleep, so I shake her gently to wake her up. When that doesn't work I put the smoothies down and sit beside her on the bed.
"Andy, you've got to get up for work love," I whispered in her ear.
"Mmmm," she murmurs, rolling over to face me. I place a kiss on her forehead, and realise she has a temperature.
"Are you feeling alright?" I asked, "You're really warm."
"Mmm I don't feel great," she said, still half asleep.
"You should have the day off work, I'll go get you a tablet and a drink," I said, worried about my wife.
"No I'll be fine to go to work," she argued, trying to stand up. As soon as she stood up, she felt dizzy, so I helped her back into bed.
"You're not going anywhere," I said, "I'm going to go and get you a tablet and then run you a bath." I went and got Andy a tablet, which she took with her smoothie, before going into our en-suite to run her a bath. As I finished I heard her talking to someone on the phone.
"Yeah it's just I'm sick and Robert has to go to work," I heard her explain. When she said my name, I knew it must be her dad she was talking to, as he was one of the only two people besides us that knew we were married. And it wasn't going to be the other person, she wouldn't be talking to them about this. "Thank you again, bye," she said before putting down the phone. I came and told her that the bath was ready.
"I could stay if you want," I said whilst helping her out of bed. She shook her head.
"You've got to go into work otherwise people will be suspicious," she said. I guess she was right, it's not very likely for us both to be off sick at the same time, at least that's what people at the station would think. I helped her into the bath, before kissing her goodbye.
"You sure you're gonna be alright?" I asked again, not wanting to leave my wife on her own when she was sick.
She nodded, "I'll be fine, love you."
"Okay but if you need anything call me. And I love you too," I said before heading to the station.

A/N: Hope you are all enjoying the story so far! The next chapter is gonna be a big storyline so it might take a bit longer to update. It includes the other secret that Andy and Robert have been keeping from everyone. What do u guys think it's gonna be?