Chapter Eight

A/N: I'm trying a new pov again in this chapter, hope you all like it! Also this chapter is going to be a bit shorter because I don't have as much time to write with school and stuff.

Meredith's pov
Me, April, Amelia and Link ran outside to wait for the aid car. We'd just got a call saying that there was an incoming trauma. A few seconds later, we heard the sirens approaching. The aid car pulled in and I ran over as two of the firefighters pulled the doors open. I recognised one of them as Victoria Hughes, we had treated her fiancé, who was also the fire chief, a couple of months ago, and the other as Travis Montgomery, he had spent a while in the hospital after the skyscraper incident. As Vic moved to get the gurney down, I noticed two things. One, she looked as though she had been crying, two, there was a young girl sat in one of the seats behind her. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Montgomery started to present, "28 year old female, broken leg, blood loss from leg and shoulder, suspected brain bleed, hasn't fully regained consciousness since the incident," he said. I leant over to check the patients pupils but when I saw her face, I froze. Amelia tapped me on the shoulder, telling me to get a move on.
"Andy?" I said out loud, "What the hell happened? Has anyone called"- I stopped remembering that her marriage was a secret. "Take her inside and take good care of her, she's a friend," I said, "I will contact the family and take this young lady somewhere quieter." I looked at the girl, who I still didn't know who she was. Then it clicked, why she looked so familiar, it was Andy's kid. I knew she wasn't telling me the whole story before, and I didn't mind, even though I was curious, because it wasn't like we were besties or anything. I took the girl and started talking to her. I found out that her name was Evelynn and that there at been a fire at her school, that's how Andy got hurt. I took Evelynn to day care where I introduced her to Zola and Sofia. They were all a similar age, around five, and they made friends straight away. I left them in daycare and went to call Andy's husband and dad. I called her husband first, and he panicked. I could see why he was scared, not only had his daughters school just said on fire, but his wife was in surgery with possible life threatening injuries. He was ill, but he said that he would be here as soon as he could. Then, I called her dad, and he had a similar reaction. With Andy's family on their way, and her kid safe in daycare, I went to check on how her surgery was going.