Chapter Eleven

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update, I've been super busy with school :( I'm super happy tho bc the other day Lalia Susini (the actress who plays young Andy) saw a drawing I did of her on insta and liked it, commented on it and shared it on her story! She also sent me a dm to say thank you and liked a dm I sent her! I'm so happy! Anyways, here's the next chapter!

Robert's pov
"We have something we would like to tell you," I said, turning to face the team. As I glanced nervously at Andy, she grabbed my hand and squeezed it, nodding at me to carry on. I saw the whole team look at us, confused and shocked as to why we were holding hands.
"As you all found out today, Andy is married," I said. Everyone nodded. "To me," I continued, looking at Andy, and trying to avoid eye contact with everyone else. I glanced up for a second and saw the looks of shock on their faces, they definitely weren't expecting this.
"I... wow... I was not expecting that..." Travis stuttered and everyone else agreed with him.
"Why didn't you tell us that you were married Andy?" Maya asked. I knew they were best friends, so she must be hurt that Andy had kept this from her.
"We wanted to keep it a secret, we got married 4 years ago, while I was still in the fire academy, so we weren't exactly the same rank," Andy explained.
"Four years?!" Vic exclaimed. We both nodded.
"Do you think we should give them a bit of time to let this sink in before we tell them?" I asked Andy, laughing. She just laughed and shook her head.
"Nah lets just tell them now," she laughed.
"Tell us what? I don't think I can take any more surprises today," Dean joked.
"In fact, give me a second," I said, standing up. Even Andy looked confused as I started to walk out of the room.
"Where are you going?" she asked.
"You'll see, I'll be back in a minute," I said, and made my way to daycare. I'd asked Dr Grey where it was earlier, as she was the one that took Evelynn there. When I got there, I looked around for my daughter. When she saw me, her eyes lit up and she ran to hug me.
"Is Mommy okay?" She asked, as she looked up at me.
"She's awake now, do you want to come and see her and our friends?" I asked, picking her up. She nodded, so I went to sign her out of daycare. When we got nearer to Andy's room, I paused, and pulled out my phone.
Make the team close their eyes xx I texted her.
Ok xx She replied. Next, I turned to Evelynn. "When we get to Mommy's room, I need you to be really quiet okay? Mommy and Daddy's friends that we work with are going to be there and we're going to surprise them," I explained.
"Okay," she said, "Is abuelo going to be their too?" I nodded, and we walked the rest of the way to Andy's room. Sure enough, the whole team had their eyes closed, and kept asking what was going on, and when they could open their eyes. I put a finger to my lips, reminding both Evelynn and Andy to stay quiet, before sneaking into the room. I sat down on the chair, and then pointed under the bed, gesturing for Evelynn to hide. Thankfully, she picked up straight away, and went and crouched under the hospital bed. Andy then adjusted the sheets so that our daughter was hidden.
Then she said, "Okay you can open your eyes now." The team opened there eyes, but looked confused when nothing was any different to before I had left.
"Look around," I said, whilst smirking at Andy knowingly. Still confused, they began to look around the room. Behind the chair, on the tables, even behind the monitors. It was a few minutes before Ben crouched to look under the bed. A look of shock crossed his face and I could hear Evelynn trying to stifle her giggles.
"Uh guys?" he said, "I think I found something, sorry someone. Who's this?" He pulled his head out from under the bed and everyone looked at him expectantly.
"You can come out now Evie," Andy said, using our special nickname for our daughter.

After getting over the initial shock of Andy and I being married and having a child, the team all played with Evelynn. They all loved her straight away, and she loved them too. For the rest of the afternoon, everyone was laughing and having fun, whilst making sure Andy didn't move around too much, seeing as she'd just had surgery. Eventually the team and Pruitt left, and it was just me, my wife and my daughter. Evelynn and I both layed with Andy on her hospital bed, and soon enough we all fell asleep, as a perfect family.