Chapter 2 - Talamayas

"Vincent Arc is here, Talamayas

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Vincent Arc is here, Talamayas. Shall I send him away?" Shan asked as Tala sat up on his throne in preparation to torture the Songs his men had brought in. Always at his side, Shan was his most loyal general, and he'd wept for the loss of his mother just as hard.

"No, show him in. It would be rude of me to refuse the new Arc monarch, and I could use a distraction." Talamayas relaxed into the stone of his throne and sifted through his mind for information about the Arcs.

Vampires did not normally visit him, so he wondered what he wanted? Nicholas Arc had left his family to be a councilman, a higher that led all houses, so he'd sired an heir for his people. The house would have normally passed to the first general, but Ares Arc had apparently declined leadership for a human that Nicholas had fancied for a time as a new leader.

Vincent Arc entered the room with far too much pride for what should be a humble house head. Newer leaders needed to curry favor with men like him, but this one stood up tall, long white hair trailing his lower back over a lavish cloak, and he had peculiar crimson eyes. It was a recessive gene in humans that rarely changed lighter eyes to crimson and almost always was the same for an entire bloodline.

"Talamayas," Vincent greeted him, finally bowing his head and dropping to a knee. In doing so, the man revealed a small human behind him, and Talamayas cranked an eyebrow nearly up to his hairline. "My son," Vincent quickly said, yanking the boy down to a knee though he hadn't needed to.

He was tiny enough.

"Welcome, Vincent Arc. What is it the Sols can do for you?" Talamayas asked, no more interested in dealing with this man than he was in being conscious most days. Without his mother, he was a wreck, and he wasn't the nicest person to be around.

"I have heard tales of your power and grace, Talamayas," Vincent said.

Talamayas groaned from the unnecessary praise. The man wanted something and he'd better spit it out before he entertained thoughts of torturing him.

"My son shall be changed when the time comes, but until then, I was hoping you might consider taking him under your wing for tutelage. I am new to this world, and I want my son to learn as much as he can about our kind."

"You want to leave your child here?" Talamayas asked, hiding his repulsion as much as possible as he glanced down at the boy. With blue eyes and the lightest blond hair trailing his chin, he was small even for a human of his age. Not only skinny, the boy trembled when Tala laid eyes on him. He was so pale that it was hard to look at him in comparison to the bronze skin of his men.

"I want him to be the strongest and the smartest, so I wish to do my best to prepare him. You are skilled in battle, intelligent as any commander, and I can think of no one else prouder of his people. I wish for you to instill this in my son. I would be honored if the Sols would aid my house, and I would be forever in your debt."