Chapter 9 - Talamayas (Part 2)

Tala stepped down in front of her with the  parchment still in hand, and leaned to examine her

Tala stepped down in front of her with the parchment still in hand, and leaned to examine her. Just as he thought she was mute, she opened her mouth to speak.

"I am bringing a message from Angelus to–"

Tala half crushed her face as he slapped his hand over her mouth and smothered her words. Angelus was Vincent's organization, a bunch of depraved vampires and mages who would slaughter their own kind if it gained them something. Even dead, Vincent still thought he could stick his hand in the cookie jar and get away with what he desired.

He'd be damned if he listened to a word they had to say.

This woman would die now. He'd been hasty in his initial assessment. Anything related to the filth that was Vincent would die screaming.

"I didn't say you could speak," Tala said darkly, wanting her to know her place. "A letter from Angelus?" Tala fingered it and then slid it into his pocket, and the human's fear spiked for some reason. Did she think anything in it would save her? How foolish. "I don't like reading. It's boring, not at all as interesting as music. What type do you prefer?" Tala asked, leaning forward and making sure to show his fangs as a precursor to her pain. "I prefer the shrill timbre of a woman's screams."

The woman trembled and tried to tear her mouth from his grips, but he just dug his fingers in and smiled wider with each pull and jerk of her body. The quickening beat of her heart excited him and he took in a long breath of her scent, relishing the fear of his prey before he silenced them.

"Perhaps if you sing, it will get me in the mood for a story and I'll read your letter."

Nothing was nicer than the feel of his hands snapping from her face only to sear into her sides. Vincent would burn, and every single thread of his legacy would crumble under him. The touch of his skin to the woman's sides had her screaming just as he'd requested, shrill cries of agony as he boiled her insides until they burst under her skin, warping the shape of her stomach as he refused to let her go. This was no torture, but a death sentence to all who dared come into his territory with Vincent smeared on them. Tala made sure she knew that as he burned his gaze into hers and dropped her on the ground only when he was through with her.

On the tile, her arms jerked in spasms as blood leaked out of her mouth and soaked the area around her stomach, staining the pearl white of her blood slave clothes with crimson that satisfied his hunger to break something of Vincent's. Tears dripped from her eyes, but they clouded as she passed out. The girl would perish in a matter of hours, and he'd expedite the process shortly.

Breaking the seal on the envelope released magic into the air, marking the sender with their house's aura. This one he knew, and it was Arc magic. Dread consumed him as he flipped it open and read the first words.

Hey Tala, I know it's been a while, but I need some help and I was hoping maybe you still remembered your promise to me? I sent Silvia Copse to speak with you, and she was quite frightened, so please treat her with care. I really like her.