Unveiling

Two months passed by and finally, Basil informed everyone that the painting was ready when Dorian had invited his family over for dinner. The painting because it was truly a work of Heaven.

"Oh, you are being very considerate." Basil clapped Dorian on the shoulder as he told him that.

"It really is very beautiful." Rosemary praised. "You've done a brilliant job, brother."

In the two months, the three of them became good friends. They spent a lot of time together. Dorian visited the library every alternate week and read almost all the books available. He even donated some of Kelso's books that were catching dust in their library.

"We should reveal it to everyone in a ceremony." Diana suggested.

"That is a wonderful idea!" Rosemary exclaimed.

"People should see how talented my children are." Diana said. "Even if someone doesn't want them to." She directed her last line to Rosemary.

"Mother, all I'm saying is that I have different dreams for myself." Rosemary defended.

"I'll inform Agatha. I'm sure she will be more than delighted to help out." Dorian said, saving Rosemary from a conversation that he was sure that the family had a lot at home. "Thank you so much, Basil. I'm eternally grateful."

"Of course. Thank you for allowing me in the first place." Basil replied.

"It was my pleasure." Dorian smiled and then looked at Rosemary, wondering how someone could be so beautiful.

So, everything was set for the event and in one week, Basil Hallward's masterpiece was shown to the entire city at the event where the painting was unveiled. Everyone praised him for his talents, as well as Agatha for the wonderful party.

Everyone's gaze was at the painting over the fireplace where Kelso's portrait used to be. It was time for a change, Dorian thought when he decided to hang his portrait in the same place. Kelso's time was over. It was his turn.

"It looks very realistic." Rosemary said as she stood next to Dorian, who was admiring the painting as well.

"I still cannot believe it. I wanted to thank you." He turned towards her. "For all your kindness and for welcoming me when I first came to London."

"Of course, Dorian." She smiled. "We are friends, after all."

"I really thought that I would be alone here."

"Glad to prove you wrong." Rosemary nodded and Dorian smirked.

"A famous person once said that 'Art is not what you see, but what you make others see'." The voice of Lord Henry interrupted the two friends as he joined them.

"Lord Henry!" Dorian exclaimed, making it very obvious to Rosemary that he was happy to see Henry at the party. She rolled her eyes but made sure that no one saw it.

"It is a very lovely painting, Dorian." Lord Henry said. "I must say that Basil has captured your beauty very well."

Rosemary knew that something was strange just by hearing the tone of Henry's voice. She had a feeling that something wrong was about to happen.

"I think Agatha needs me in the kitchen. I'll leave you to it." She told Dorian.

"You don't have to leave on my arrival." Henry taunted her, taking a sip of his drink.

"Unless you want to find your face pinned to the wall, I suggest that you let me go." Rosemary threatened Henry but he only laughed.

"Why don't you try, girl?"

She was going to choke Lord Henry when Basil joined the trio and saved the day once again. "Lord Henry! Nice to see you here." He said, giving Rosemary a chance to escape.

"Ugh, I hate him so much!" She exclaimed as she entered the kitchen, where her mother and Agatha were separating supplies for the party.

"Who, dear?" Agatha asked as she took the salmon from the other supplied.

"Lord Henry." Diana answered, already knowing the answer.

"It's alright, honey." Agatha said. "No one likes him."

"Men do." Rosemary said, stressing on the first word. "What is it about him that attracts people? He just gets on my nerves." She complained.

Victor entered the room at that time with a cardboard box and got stuck with Rosemary's frustration. "Victor. Why don't you help me figure something out?" She asked him.

"Me?" He asked. "How can I help?" He set the cardboard near Agatha as per her request.

"What is it about Lord Henry that makes men like him?" Rosemary asked as she sat on the kitchen counter. "Because I really do not get it. Why is it that everyone that knows him is afraid of him?"

"He is a powerful man, dear." Agatha said.

"But that doesn't give him any right to taunt people. Or manipulate them, as a matter of fact." Rosemary said.

Lord Henry had a reputation and he was keeping it up. Everyone was scared of him but they put up a face of liking when they were around him. He had everyone's support. You could say that he was the society's influencer.

"Well, since we are talking about him, let me just state that I don't like him." Victor said, trying to differentiate himself from a preconceived notion.

"Ha! Finally someone with eyes!" She exclaimed. "No wonder you are such a good friend to me."

"Glad you feel that way, Rose." He said. "I'm afraid that I must get back to the party. I'm sure that there is work for me there."

"So that is it!" Diana said. "Not everyone has to like everyone."

"Yes, mother. You are right." Rosemary nodded. "Thank you for helping me though." She told Victor.

"Anytime. Are we on for tonight?" He asked as he walked across the room.

"Yes, we are. Can't wait to see you lose." She laughed.

"We will see about that." He said before he headed out the door.